From: Nick Douma on
On 8-3-2010 14:53, Raven wrote:
> Anyone knows how to solve this?
> Thanks

Why don't you just BASE64 the attachment and set the proper mime-type?
You might still be able to use uuencode, but setting a mime-type seems
mandatory to me, because else the mail client has to guess what the
attachment represents.

From: Michael Elkins on
On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 02:53:38PM +0100, Raven wrote:
> To encode the image I use:
>
> /usr/bin/uuencode img.jpg img.jpg > attachment.txt
> cat hdr.txt body.txt attachment.txt > message.txt
> $SENDMAIL "-f" $4 "--" $2 <message.txt
>
> Anyone knows how to solve this?

As the others have mentioned, you should be using MIME format for
sending attachments for best interoperability. Try the "mpack" or
"mime-construct" packages in Debian for tools to generate MIME messages
from the command line.

me
From: Allan Wind on
On 2010-03-08T14:53:38, Raven wrote:
> /usr/bin/uuencode img.jpg img.jpg > attachment.txt
> cat hdr.txt body.txt attachment.txt > message.txt
> $SENDMAIL "-f" $4 "--" $2 <message.txt

If you do not need the full name then this would be easy way to
mime encode the message:

mutt -a img.jpg -- $2 < message.txt

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 02:53:38PM +0100, Raven wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently wrote a small content filter script (in bash) to use on my
> local Postfix installation. The script receives via "pipe:" the
> recipient and the sender's addresses then responds by sending back a
> message containing some body text and an image attachment.
> It works as it is supposed to do, but with some email clients the image
> is not displayed properly.

Then see how biabam does this.

--
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir(a)jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 02:53:38PM +0100, Raven wrote:

> To encode the image I use:
>
> /usr/bin/uuencode img.jpg img.jpg > attachment.txt
> cat hdr.txt body.txt attachment.txt > message.txt
> $SENDMAIL "-f" $4 "--" $2 <message.txt
>

> Anyone knows how to solve this?

Have a look at mpack. I use it regularly to send attachments from the
commandline.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4599

"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he
hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If
a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily
food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace,
be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them
not those things which are needful to the body; what
doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works,
is dead, being alone." James 2:14-17