From: Tom on
One way to tell, is to check the properties of the file (right click on
file, properties) and it won't have (anything regarding) a version tab or
version history.

From: Donahoo on
Thank you Tom, I didn't know 16-bit stuff didn't have versions. I have
one program I would really like to run on this computer but thought it
was too old. Now I know how to check without trying to install it.