From: Thimo Gräf on
Hello!

I'm having problems with the Private Character Editor and Windows
Vista 64 Bit.

For more information about the Private Character Editor take a look
at http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/privchar.htm

I can create characters using eudcedit.exe, but I can't access them
with character map. This is strange, because it's working fine with
both Windows XP and the 32 Bit version of Vista.

Does anybody know why Vista 64 Bit doesn't diplay the new characters
in charmap.exe?

Thimo

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
where does Private Character Editor save the characters? Remember that
32-bit and 64-bit programs have a different view of the file system.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Carlos on
Charlie,
And there are also two "charmap.exe" files, one 64-bit and another one
32-bit located in their corresponding system32 and syswow64 folders
respectively.
Carlos

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
And clearly, they aren't seeing the data from each other...

From: Thimo Gräf on
Hi,

I can display the private characters with the combination of
ALT-key + Unicode (typed on the keypad). This does work.

But the entry "All fonts(private characters)" isn't there in
character map on the 64 Bit system.It's there on both XP
and the 32 Bit Vista.

Thimo