From: spock on
Hello All

I had decided to install Vista X64 every so often when you try and boot up you get the
dreaded BSOD which displays

NMI: parity error / memory parity error

Why did Install Vista ? Because I have it and it was not being used or activated til now.
I find this puzzling as the memory is 4gb nonparity DDR3 and I have tried other memory,
did not change and I run
my machine dual boot with XP X64 and I have no known problems under XP X64 it is quit
stable.

My hardware Supermicro C2SBX X38 chipset and Q6700 cpu and Adaptec 48300 and an ATI
4550 video card
and a leadtek tv tuner card.

Lee

From: Carlos on
Spock,
The only way to be sure about your memory sticks is to run memtest86+
Download version 4.00 from http://www.memtest.org/
Run it from a bootable floppy or bootable pen drive.
Vista and Win 7 seem to be more susceptible to minor memory glitches than
Windows XP
Carlos

From: Richard Urban on
Not a sure way at all to test memory, but better than no test at all.

A sure way to test memory is with a hardware memory tester such as shown on
this page:
http://simmtester.com/page/shop/shop.asp

This is what the fellows who frequent the computer shows use before
purchasing used memory from their customers.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

From: David B. on
Yes, I'm sure the average PC user is going to run out and spend 1-2 thousand
dollars on a memory tester. Memtest is more than adequate.

From: Kue2 on
Windows Vista has A memory diagnostic program at f-8 screen.
This will test your memory.

Very good tutorial go here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial146.html