From: Master Lee on
Hello All

I am looking at a new intel cpu Q9505 and according to the
Intel website the cpu supports Intel 64 but not a 64 bit
instruction set. What is the difference and does it matter?
Does any one know? Comments please.

Lee

From: Bobby Johnson on
Where do you find that it does not support a 64 bit instruction set?
The information posted on the website @
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=42920 indicates that it is a 64 bit
CPU.

From: Master Lee on
On Intel website the place where it says 64 bit instruction set is blank and on
the one for the Q9550 it says yes so tell me what conclusions would you draw?

From: Bobby Johnson on
Please provide a link to where you are seeing this. I get 2 links
searching for Q9505 and both indicate to me it has the 64-bit extensions:

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=42921

From: Master Lee on
http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=42920,42921,30790,33924,40815,