From: Rainer on
Hello NG,

is it possible - and if yes how - to "always allow" a speciffic
application to be started with out the user account control window
popping up.

In general I think it is ok to have this window popping up, but on some
frequently used application it is kind of bothering to always see this
window.

Regards
Rainer Queck
From: Steve Foster on
Rainer wrote:

>Hello NG,
>
>is it possible - and if yes how - to "always allow" a speciffic
>application to be started with out the user account control window popping
>up.
>
>In general I think it is ok to have this window popping up, but on some
>frequently used application it is kind of bothering to always see this
>window.

Is this a normal user-type application, or one that genuinely performs
some sort of administrative task?

For the former, it's likely a failure of the application installer to set
security permissions properly, or plain ignorance on the part of the
vendors. You might want to look at http://www.threatcode.com

If the latter, you'll have to live with it.

--
Steve Foster
------------
From: Carlos on
Rainer,
Short answer: Yes.
How: http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=635
Carlos

From: Richard Urban on
You can give the Norton UAC Tool a try. It is a beta but it DOES work. I
have used it on Vista. It does NOT work under Windows 7. Make sure you
download the correct 32 bit or 64 bit version for YOUR version of Vista.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.jsp?themeid=labs_uac&header=0&depthpath=0

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP