From: Tom on
There wouldn't be a problem with your RAM being reported properly. I just
want to know the trick to getting it to run Windows 7 on just 6megs of RAM
*-).

From: mikeyhsd on
mine runs just GREAT on 4g of ram.

mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com

From: omicronpersey on

Bob Costello;4680658 Wrote:
> Upgraded to Windows7 64 bit from Vista 32 bit. Added RAM to 5GB
> (reason
> I upgraded to 64 bit was to get around the 3GB 32 bit limitation.) Now
> system shows 5GB but only 3.3GB available for use. Task manager shows
> 5.12GB installed, 3.326GB available or cached and 1.794GB "hardware
> reserved"(?). Is this 1.794 not available for software? If not, how
> make it available for software?
>
> I really wanted the performance improvement of 64 bit and increased
> RAM.
> How do I get Windows7 64 bit to utilize the full 5 GB?
>
> System is HP running 64 capable 2.13 hz dual core Intel.

I had such problem: Windows7 64 bit showed what 4Gb RAM installed but
3Gb usadge. Bios showed all 4Gb of RAM. The next solution treats this
problem:
1. If BIOS does't show all installed memory then enable MEMORY REMAP
function.
2. If BIOS show all installed memory then check
a) MSCONFIG.EXE-->Boot-->Advanced options: disable checkbox maximum
memory (if checkbox disable yet then enable it, reboot system and
after
that disable again (i know what it looks like "magic" but it
work!)
b) Reboot computer and upgrade performance raiting.

PS: Sorry for my English and best wishes from Russia.

--
omicronpersey
omicronpersey's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168523.htm

From: Jerry on
I have Win7 64-bit and 8Gb of RAM installed; Win7 sees it all just fine.

From: pat666 on

omicronpersey;4746071 Wrote:
> I had such problem: Windows7 64 bit showed what 4Gb RAM installed but
> 3Gb usadge. Bios showed all 4Gb of RAM. The next solution treats this
> problem:
> 1. If BIOS does't show all installed memory then enable MEMORY REMAP
> function.
> 2. If BIOS show all installed memory then check
> a) MSCONFIG.EXE-->Boot-->Advanced options: disable checkbox maximum
> memory (if checkbox disable yet then enable it, reboot system and
> after
> that disable again (i know what it looks like "magic" but it
> work!)
> b) Reboot computer and upgrade performance raiting.
>
> PS: Sorry for my English and best wishes from Russia.

Yeah - this works!! I went from 2 to 5.1GB RAM usable (out of 6GB)....
the no. of cores checkbox should also be unticked...

--
pat666
pat666's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170689.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x64-edition/1268043.htm