From: Neal on
I upgraded to Ultimate specifically so that I could run older programs that
are not compatible with Windows 7. It doesn't appear that I can install my
old programs using XP virtual mode either from the Control panel or directly
from the CD ROM or USB ports. Can anyone tell me what I am missing or direct
me to a helpful resource? Thanks.
From: Bobby Johnson on
You must install Virtual XP for Win 7. If the program is not on your
installation disc, then you will need to download it from the Microsoft
website and install it. There are 2 programs you will need; 1 is the
image of Win XP in a VHD; 2 is the Virtula XP Mode to run the VHD in.

Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

From: Bobby Johnson on
P.S.

Your CPU must have Virtualization built into it and enabled in BIOS.
There are a few current Intel CPUs that don't support hardware
Virtualization.

From: Ed Balda on
You have to download, install and configure Virtual PC and a virtual machine.
See
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/110409-how-to-create-a-virtual.html?page=1

From: Ed Balda on
In the VM panel click on CD > Use Physical Drive