From: briand on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:59:50 -0500
Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> briand(a)aracnet.com put forth on 4/15/2010 12:08 AM:
>
> > And .32-trunk is the running kernel, has been for some time, and
> > I've rebooted several times.
>
> Did up aptitude upgrade to the .32-trunk kernel or is your .32-trunk
> kernel what resulted from a fresh install? Also, what architecture
> is your kernel? Most, if not all, of the commenters in the bug were
> using amd64 kernels.

Intel Atom

I have an AMD64 also, but it is an NVIDIA based ethernet.

I'm relatively certain it's an upgrade kernel, but I'm not positive.

Brian

briand(a)aracnet.com put forth on 4/15/2010 9:13 AM:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:59:50 -0500
> Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>
>> briand(a)aracnet.com put forth on 4/15/2010 12:08 AM:
>>
>>> And .32-trunk is the running kernel, has been for some time, and
>>> I've rebooted several times.
>>
>> Did up aptitude upgrade to the .32-trunk kernel or is your .32-trunk
>> kernel what resulted from a fresh install? Also, what architecture
>> is your kernel? Most, if not all, of the commenters in the bug were
>> using amd64 kernels.
>>

> Intel Atom

5 of teh 19 Atom CPUs support x86-64. Which kernel are you running? 32bit
i3/4/5/686 or AMD64?

> I'm relatively certain it's an upgrade kernel, but I'm not positive.

Could you check your logs?

--
Stan

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:03:43 -0500
Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> briand(a)aracnet.com put forth on 4/15/2010 9:13 AM:
> > On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:59:50 -0500
> > Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> >
> >> briand(a)aracnet.com put forth on 4/15/2010 12:08 AM:

> >> Did up aptitude upgrade to the .32-trunk kernel or is
> >> your .32-trunk kernel what resulted from a fresh install? Also,
> >> what architecture is your kernel? Most, if not all, of the
> >> commenters in the bug were using amd64 kernels.
> >>

> > Intel Atom
>
> 5 of teh 19 Atom CPUs support x86-64. Which kernel are you running?
> 32bit i3/4/5/686 or AMD64?

Linux bamboo 2.6.32-trunk-686 #1 SMP Sun Jan 10 06:32:16 UTC 2010 i686
GNU/Linux

Now that I think about it, I remember downloading various packages with
firmware in the name, and further remember that the ethernet firmware
did not seem to be among them.

> > I'm relatively certain it's an upgrade kernel, but I'm not positive.
>
> Could you check your logs?

Sorry, you'll have to be more specific. Here's some dpkg --list output
which might help:

ii linux-headers-2.6.32
ii linux-image-2.6.32
ii linux-source-2.6.32