From: Ron Rosenfeld on
I am planning to upgrade my Windows XP to Windows 7. I also have several
modules of Office 2007 installed in XP.

Since this will be a "clean install" of Windows 7, what do I need to do to
ensure I will be able to activate Office after doing the W7 installation?

--ron
From: Bobby Johnson on
If you have any problem activating Office 2007 after installing it on
your Win 7 system you just call the telephone number given to activate
over the telephone and tell them you have just upgraded from Win XP to
Win 7.

Don't forget to run the Windows Easy Transfer program from the Win 7 DVD
to migrate your personal settings, email, Favorites, etc. from your XP
setup to your Win 7 setup. I did this on my wife's computer and was
pleasantly surprised that even her desktop wallpaper and quick launch
icons transferred.

From: Rick Rothstein on
I'll be moving to Windows 7 soon also and, like Ron, I'll be doing a *full*
install (Ron called it a "clean install"), not an upgrade. So, can you
clarify when the "Windows Easy Transfer" program would be run? Would I do
that before I destroyed the information on the hard disk by overwriting it
with Windows 7? Where does the information go... on a CD? Or does that
program only work for upgrades from Windows XP or Vista? Any clarification
for this that you can give would be appreciated. Thanks

--
Rick

From: Bobby Johnson on
Go to
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-windows-7

East Transfer is under Tab 2.

You are directed to links to download Easy Transfer.

From: Bobby Johnson on
For some reason I was thinking you could use Easy Transfer from the Win
7 DVD but apparently you need to download the program from Microsoft's
website. Links are in my response to Rick Rothstein.

I did my wife's about 2 months ago and don't remember some specific details.