From: motown01 on

Were you able to get the drivers for this laptop? I have everything
working - except for the internal microphone - were you able to get this
working?

Thanks,
Billy

--
motown01
motown01's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/165758.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Bobby Johnson on
From the company that markets the laptop: Gateway, which I think has
been bought out by Acer.

From: motown01 on

Gateway doesn't provide XP drivers for this laptop. They exist, they're
just hard to find.

From: Bobby Johnson on
My take on this is that you didn't even try!

I went to www.gateway.com selected Support and the Drivers & Downloads
searched for the MD26 series laptops and found there are lots of Windows
XP drivers and downloads @
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?ref=step&st=browse&platform=10022&model=12267&os=10406&type=

The other thing is you indicate your are using Windows XP. 32-bit?
Then you have stumbled into the wrong forum because this one is for
64-bit Windows.

So, don't tell me Gateway "doesn't provide XP drivers" because if I
could find them you could too! And they are "not hard to find" if you
just take a little time to look!

From: motown01 on

Hmm. I don't see any sound drivers on this site. I'm using XP 64-bit,
and I have found sound drivers for the laptop but the only thing that
doesn't work is the internal microphone. I've tried solving this
myself, before turning to a message board where I hoped to find helpful
people - instead I found arrogance and a condescending attitude.

Sorry for your trouble.