From: Anon on
Go to the Download Windows Virtual PC page

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

on the Download Windows Virtual PC page go to

step 2: Can my PC run Windows XP Mode?
Check that your PC hardware works with Windows XP Mode by downloading
and running this tool.

Click on the word "tool"

Download the Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool

Run it.

If it says that your machine cannot run Windows Virtual PC, you will
need a computer with a processor that can.