From: AG on
On 27/07/10 08:03, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Lu, 26 iul 10, 21:49:47, Paul E Condon wrote:

>>> For that you can run 'dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration'. Don't
>>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> This works on my maching only if I have started X with startx, not if
>> I start with gdm3 (using Squeeze)
>>
> You could try diff'ing the logs and also look through gdm's config
> files. Maybe it's disabling that setting on purpose.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Cheers Andrei

I don't think that it is disabling it on purpose because sometimes it
works and sometimes it doesn't. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme
nor reason for when it does/ not.

The associated behaviour of the keystrokes ctrl+alt+backspace is already
set for logout, but again doesn't seem to work reliably. I don't know
if it is GDM or Gnome, because other DE/WM allow me to logout quite
reasonably and reliably.

Go figure - it has me stumped (which I admit is not difficult to do, but
even so).

AG

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2