From: Carlos on
Richard,
Thanks for the tip!
Carlos

From: RICHYIII on
I have a question regarding Windows Virtual Machine: Win XP mode:
I have a 32 bit application (Corsix Mod Studio) that ran fine in 32 bit
Vista. I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (halaluia) 64 bit. Now
i get an error that files are missing when i start Corsix Mod Studio. If i
install XP mode 32 bit with Windows Virtual Machine, will I be able to use
this program again???

Thanks,

RichyIII

From: Dan on
I did some testing in teh meantime and I have, so far, not found any
software that would not run in Win XP Mode (if it worked fine in XP before).

The only issue I've had was that Win XP Mode would not get an IP address
from my DHCP server. I finally gave up and assigned a fixed address.

dan

From: David Kerber on
In article <42820951-7C2B-4E33-98FA-DFC2BADFB319(a)microsoft.com>,
RICHYIII(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I have a question regarding Windows Virtual Machine: Win XP mode:
> I have a 32 bit application (Corsix Mod Studio) that ran fine in 32 bit
> Vista. I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (halaluia) 64 bit. Now
> i get an error that files are missing when i start Corsix Mod Studio. If i
> install XP mode 32 bit with Windows Virtual Machine, will I be able to use
> this program again???

Probably. I'm not familiar with that particular package, though.

From: Bobby Johnson on
You should be able to use Virtual XP to run the program.

Most of the time when you get errors that files are missing when running
an older program on 64-bit Windows it's because the program is looking
for it's support files and they're not where the program is looking for
them.

On 2010-01-02 19:47, RICHYIII wrote:
> I have a question regarding Windows Virtual Machine: Win XP mode:
> I have a 32 bit application (Corsix Mod Studio) that ran fine in 32 bit
> Vista. I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (halaluia) 64 bit. Now
> i get an error that files are missing when i start Corsix Mod Studio. If i
> install XP mode 32 bit with Windows Virtual Machine, will I be able to use
> this program again???
>
> Thanks,
>
> RichyIII

Pages: 1
Prev: New Win 7/64 has no Search function?
Next: SAS HA