From: Tom Lake on
> My Windows 7 machine has a preloaded copy of Norton Antivirus. (I'll be
> switching to Avast fairly soon.) Disabling NAV doesn't help, either.

Disabling it won't help. You have to uninstall it or it still gets in the
way.

Tom Lake

From: Bobby Johnson on
And uninstalling NAV will not clean everything off your computer. I
discovered this a few years ago when I kept having certain problems
after I uninstalled NAV. I had to reformat the hard drive and reinstall
Windows to get rid of the NAV virus!