From: Tzafrir Cohen on
Hi,

I normally suspend my laptop (Dell Latitude D630, Squeeze, AMD64) with
s2disk of uswsusp.

Lately (not sure exactly when it started) resuming seems to be rather
broken:

* In one case a few processes failed (fakeroot would fail because getopt
segfaulted, iceweasel would crash often, and in rather predictable
ways. E.g. on same pages. Not sure what other problems)
* At one time New processes simply segfaulted
* At another time new commands failed to start due to some missing
GLIBC_2.2.5 (IIRC) symbol.

So I suspect some sort of memory corruption. But symptoms are a bit too
generic, and a few searches have not provided me useful hints.

I've already upgraded to the kernel from Sid (linux-image-2.6.32-4-amd64
2.6.32-11). Problem persists. Any idea what to check next?

--
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir(a)jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's

On Mon, 24 May 2010 11:47:06 +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> I normally suspend my laptop (Dell Latitude D630, Squeeze, AMD64) with
> s2disk of uswsusp.
>
> Lately (not sure exactly when it started) resuming seems to be rather
> broken:

(...)

> I've already upgraded to the kernel from Sid (linux-image-2.6.32-4-amd64
> 2.6.32-11). Problem persists. Any idea what to check next?

Check if you have some useful info under "/var/log/suspend.log".
Suspending and resuming hook issues should go there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón