From: deloptes on
hi,
I tested evolution 2.30 in sid to access my exchange mailbox, something
that's working painfully in lenny. In sid evolution says that network is
not available. Why?

Do you know if it is working at all? there seem to be many bugs in this
version. Any experience with exchange mails?

regards

On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:33:11 +0200, deloptes wrote:

> I tested evolution 2.30 in sid to access my exchange mailbox, something
> that's working painfully in lenny. In sid evolution says that network is
> not available. Why?

Check whether Evolution is working in "off-line" mode.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Camaleón wrote:

> On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:33:11 +0200, deloptes wrote:
>
>> I tested evolution 2.30 in sid to access my exchange mailbox, something
>> that's working painfully in lenny. In sid evolution says that network is
>> not available. Why?
>
> Check whether Evolution is working in "off-line" mode.
>
> Greetings,

It's only offline - something's missing

but what should I check if offline works - it's useless offline.

I think I better ask the evolution guys, but there should be somebody here
using it ( I thought)

regards

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:09:51 +0200, deloptes wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:33:11 +0200, deloptes wrote:
>>
>>> I tested evolution 2.30 in sid to access my exchange mailbox,
>>> something that's working painfully in lenny. In sid evolution says
>>> that network is not available. Why?
>>
>> Check whether Evolution is working in "off-line" mode.
>>

> It's only offline - something's missing
>
> but what should I check if offline works - it's useless offline.
>
> I think I better ask the evolution guys, but there should be somebody
> here using it ( I thought)

Mmm, I'n not sure to follow you here.

If Evolution is working "off-line", switch into "on-line" mode, that
should go away the message about "network not available".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Camaleón wrote:

> If Evolution is working "off-line", switch into "on-line" mode, that
> should go away the message about "network not available".

this is the problem the online option (down left) is outblended and
inactive. I don't understand why.
By the way I'm using evolution in KDE4 so may be there is something from
gnome missing.

I did a test upgrade so may be evolution packages are upgraded but dependant
were not installed - is it possible?

regards