From: Georgiy on
I am very sorry I have no time till now to answer to your messages. Let me
answer in order.
To Lem:
>Are you saying that now when you "View available wireless networks" you see
>other wireless networks but not your own? Have you made any other changes
>to your router's configuration (such as disabling SSID broadcast)?
Yes on the first question. No on the second.

>Try the following:
>turn off router and computer
>turn on router; wait 2 or 3 minutes; turn on computer.
>Now go to the View Available Wireless Networks screen. Is your network
>there?
Yes. But with no encription as earlier!

To Jack:
"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <jack(a)discussiongroup.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> If lem's advice did not work.
> Connect the Computer to the Router with a wire and reconfigure the
> Wireless without encryption.
I am not sure I understood You rightly. After my unlucky attempt to make
encryption for Wireless connection why and what I have to reconfigure? It is
already and again without encryption.

> Why ( http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#onewire ).
> Log to the Computer's Wireless setting and clean the preferred list.
> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
> At this point you should be able to connect wirelessly without encryption.
Agree. That is the way I did before my attempt to install encryption.

> If it works Ok, log again to the Router and enter a security code.
> Copy from the Router the actual Hex string of the code, and paste it into
> the computer's Wireless setting.
OK. But why I had to make that long procedure that was for example described
in the first Lem's message to install that damned encryption and not that
simple and short you suggested above?