From: Antares 531 on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 04:31:01 -0800, Amber
<Amber(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I am trying to log in using safe mode in an attempt to override my username
>and password which i have forgotten.
>However when I enter in the user name as 'administrator' and the password as
>blank, I get an error message saying that the system could not log me in.
>
>Any ideas?
>This is driving me crazy. thanks for your help in advance!
>Amber

Amber, as a safeguard against this happening again, in the future,
here's a good way to manage your password(s).

Pick a song book that you like, then pick a song, along with its page
number. Use the page number and the first letters of the song's title
words as your password.

This is something that you can always look up if you forget it, and it
is very unlikely that anyone else could figure out what your password
is, as they might if you write it down on a note and hide it
somewhere.

Gordon