From: Anand Sivaram on
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 18:29, Jasper <rjnoe(a)xs4all.nl> wrote:

> arecord|aplay
>
> then play with the sliders in alsamixer.
>
> :)
>
> --Jasper.

> listmaster(a)lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1274792348.2735.1.camel(a)dx2000.g48b

I also suggest the same.
arecord | aplay
arecord could be used to record wave files also......
From: Adam Hardy on
Anand Sivaram on 25/05/10 15:35, wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 18:29, Jasper <rjnoe(a)xs4all.nl
> arecord|aplay
>
> then play with the sliders in alsamixer.
>
> :)
>
> --Jasper.
>
> I also suggest the same.
> arecord | aplay
> arecord could be used to record wave files also......

I can't get a tweet out of the mic though and it doesn't look bust nor can I
remember treading on it or using the cable hang weights on.

In audacity under the microphone dropdown, there are about 7 choices including
the USB mic on the webcam which I guess isn't covered by alsa, and also one
called Alsa Default which doesn't work either.

It looks like the sound card has a few options there. Is there some way of
determining which I should use?

Adam Hardy on 25/05/10 15:54, wrote:
> Anand Sivaram on 25/05/10 15:35, wrote:
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 18:29, Jasper <rjnoe(a)xs4all.nl arecord|aplay
>>
>> then play with the sliders in alsamixer.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> --Jasper.
>>
>> I also suggest the same.
>> arecord | aplay
>> arecord could be used to record wave files also......
>
> I can't get a tweet out of the mic though and it doesn't look bust nor
> can I remember treading on it or using the cable hang weights on.
>
> In audacity under the microphone dropdown, there are about 7 choices
> including the USB mic on the webcam which I guess isn't covered by alsa,
> and also one called Alsa Default which doesn't work either.
>
> It looks like the sound card has a few options there. Is there some way
> of determining which I should use?

Sorry, completely missed off the important bit: I ran arecord | aplay

I ran alsamixer simultaneously but couldn't get anything to stream thro.

You have more than one sound-device in your system.
Maybe this helps: http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/ALSA_device_labels

--Jasper.

Adam Hardy wrote:

> I just tried with bplay but it wants me to have /dev/dsp which I haven't
> got - it should be using udev shouldn't it? I read the description of
> elisa and it has megs of gnome stuff to install as well - is it worth it?

if you have a program using /dev/dsp you need alsa-oss (ALSA wrapper for OSS
applications).

elisa - you mean the grandmother of all chat engines?

try rebecca

regards

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5