From: xing on
I tried Squeeze on my machine with old nvidia geforce video.In viewing
the Xorg.log file,i found the nouveau driver was set to be the default
video driver(configured as driver0) and there was no xorg.conf in
/etc/X11.I want to know how to set the nv
driver(xserver-xorg-video-nv)to be the default driver?
Thanks in advance

xing wrote:
> I tried Squeeze on my machine with old nvidia geforce video.In viewing
> the Xorg.log file,i found the nouveau driver was set to be the default
> video driver(configured as driver0) and there was no xorg.conf in
> /etc/X11.I want to know how to set the nv
> driver(xserver-xorg-video-nv)to be the default driver?
> Thanks in advance

You can remove the nouveau driver or black list it or both.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Testing at sda12
Registered Linux User #380263

On Ma, 27 iul 10, 09:14:20, xing wrote:
> I tried Squeeze on my machine with old nvidia geforce video.In
> viewing the Xorg.log file,i found the nouveau driver was set to be
> the default video driver(configured as driver0) and there was no
> xorg.conf in /etc/X11.I want to know how to set the nv
> driver(xserver-xorg-video-nv)to be the default driver?
> Thanks in advance

Unless you have a specific problem with it, the nouveau driver should be
better than nv and it's free/libre.

Regards,
Andrei