From: Long Wind on
I have etch with kernel 2.6
The onboard ac 97 chip does not work
lsmod shows intel 810 modules loaded
sound controls in application appear to be working
but there's no sound
(the sound chip work in kernel 2.4 in sarge)

On 15/06/10 09:43 PM, Long Wind wrote:
> I have etch with kernel 2.6
> The onboard ac 97 chip does not work
> lsmod shows intel 810 modules loaded
> sound controls in application appear to be working
> but there's no sound
> (the sound chip work in kernel 2.4 in sarge)

I think I also have ac97 chip and the sound works great (alsa and pulse
audio). This is on an Intel P4B motherboard. I haven't done anything
special though. Running 2.6.32 kernel. Here are my snd modules and lspci
info (if this is similar as yours, let me know if you need more info):

$> lspci | grep -i audio
02:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880B [AudioPCI] (rev 02)
$> lsmod | grep snd
snd_usb_audio 49108 3
snd_usb_lib 10954 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_hwdep 4030 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_ens1371 12012 3
snd_ac97_codec 76547 1 snd_ens1371
ac97_bus 710 1 snd_ac97_codec
snd_pcm_oss 27143 0
snd_mixer_oss 10318 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 44082 4
snd_usb_audio,snd_ens1371,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_seq_midi 3438 0
snd_rawmidi 11802 3 snd_usb_lib,snd_ens1371,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event 3626 1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq 31648 2 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_timer 11768 2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device 3639 3 snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd 32215 23
snd_usb_audio,snd_hwdep,snd_ens1371,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
soundcore 3298 1 snd
gameport 5657 3 snd_ens1371,ns558
snd_page_alloc 4809 1 snd_pcm
usbcore 94015 7
usb_storage,snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd

Regards,
->HS

ever having been read.

On 6/15/2010 9:55 PM, H.S. wrote:
> On 15/06/10 09:43 PM, Long Wind wrote:
>> I have etch with kernel 2.6
>> The onboard ac 97 chip does not work
>> lsmod shows intel 810 modules loaded
>> sound controls in application appear to be working
>> but there's no sound
>> (the sound chip work in kernel 2.4 in sarge)
>
> I think I also have ac97 chip and the sound works great (alsa and pulse
> audio). This is on an Intel P4B motherboard. I haven't done anything
> special though. Running 2.6.32 kernel. Here are my snd modules and lspci
> info (if this is similar as yours, let me know if you need more info):

There are quite a few different chipa that are all "AC97".

Pages: 1
Prev: LVM
Next: Triple boot with MS XP