Prev: SAS HA
Next: defrag missing
From: bob on
Hi,

Can I use 64 bits Security Esscential for Win7_64 in XP_64 ?

thanks

From: Dennis Pack on
Bob:
Security essentials doesn't support XP x64 based in information
listed on the download page. I tried to install the x64 version on a test
system and it doesn't install, I didn't waste time trying to install the x86
version. Reading the information can be interpreted as having XP x86 support
only for use when using XP x86 on a virtual machine or in XP mode.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4694 (20091216) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
No, it won't install and isn't supported on XP x64. Too bad, since I really
like it for an A-V solution.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: ComputerWizz on
Security essentials doesn't support XP x64 based System Sorry , as i herd i
dont think there going to make a version , try using Avg Free Edition or Avas
, if ou dont mind paying about $30 a year , i recommend ESET NOD32 Antivirus
--
ComputerWizz

"Dennis Pack" wrote:

> Bob:
> Security essentials doesn't support XP x64 based in information
> listed on the download page. I tried to install the x64 version on a test
> system and it doesn't install, I didn't waste time trying to install the x86
> version. Reading the information can be interpreted as having XP x86 support
> only for use when using XP x86 on a virtual machine or in XP mode.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
> "bob" <bobby(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can I use 64 bits Security Esscential for Win7_64 in XP_64 ?
> >

> > thanks

> > signature database 4694 (20091216) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4694 (20091216) __________