From: RustyM on
Hi again, I changed the power settings for it to NOT save power.
The problem still persists. But, the thought of my laptop having a
mechanical issues did come to my mind as a possible reason for it having
these wireless issues. Anything is possible.

But it would be so ironic because ever since the laptop got infected and
"supposedly" cleaned up, the wireless problem started then....Like if
something got removed accidently during clean up removal process or maybe
the virus attacked something that has to do with the wireless part of the
laptop.

But going back to the mechanical part, if the wireless card is reaching its
'end', is there a site online that can scan for problems on my card/or tell
me info that it is malfunctioning? If so, is it free?

Thanks in advance ...................