From: Tzafrir Cohen on
On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 10:17:46PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Thu,04.Mar.10, 15:48:09, chantal(a)antenna.nl wrote:
> > Thank you Eric,
> >
> > I am already using cfengine2 and puppet :). But when I want to
> > install postfix or phpmyadmin with cfengine a dialog screen flashes
> > by which looks a bit weird. That's why I want to use preseeding (or
> > something else) so the installer doesn't ask questions when a
> > package is installed automatically.
>
> I think you want the non-interactive debconf interface. Try:
>
> # dpkg-reconfigure debconf

You can force the non-interactive front-end by setting
DEBIAN_FRONTEND in the environment:

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive <script>

See debconf(7).

Likewise see also debconf-set-selection(1). This injects configuration
in a way similar to preseed on install time.

--
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir(a)jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's

> You can force the non-interactive front-end by setting
> DEBIAN_FRONTEND in the environment:
>
> DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive <script>
>
> See debconf(7).
>
> Likewise see also debconf-set-selection(1). This injects configuration
> in a way similar to preseed on install time.

Hi, I tried that but I ran into the following problem:

cfengine on the client is started as a cronjob and it refuses to run "export
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive" I do not recall the exact error message but I
think it had something to do with not finding it in the PATH.

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 08:06:34AM +0100, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:

> > You can force the non-interactive front-end by setting
> > DEBIAN_FRONTEND in the environment:
> >
> > DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive <script>
> >
> > See debconf(7).
> >
> > Likewise see also debconf-set-selection(1). This injects configuration
> > in a way similar to preseed on install time.
> >
> Hi, I tried that but I ran into the following problem:
>
> cfengine on the client is started as a cronjob and it refuses to run "export
> DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive" I do not recall the exact error message but I
> think it had something to do with not finding it in the PATH.

ENODATA

Please provide more information if you want a useful response.

Op dinsdag 16 maart 2010 15:39:50 schreef Tzafrir Cohen:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 08:06:34AM +0100, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
> > > You can force the non-interactive front-end by setting
> > > DEBIAN_FRONTEND in the environment:
> > >
> > > DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive <script>
> > >
> > > See debconf(7).
> > >
> > > Likewise see also debconf-set-selection(1). This injects configuration
> > > in a way similar to preseed on install time.
> >
> > Hi, I tried that but I ran into the following problem:
> >
> > cfengine on the client is started as a cronjob and it refuses to run
> > "export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive" I do not recall the exact error
> > message but I think it had something to do with not finding it in the
> > PATH.
>
> ENODATA
>
> Please provide more information if you want a useful response.

I already got the answer I wanted, we can use dpkg-reconfigure debconf. That
works fine. Thank you for taking the trouble though, much appreciated.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: kismet & gpsd
Next: tcp/ip traffic shaping in Debian