From: Chantal Rosmuller on
Hi list,

can I use preseeding for installing one package unattended (not a whole debian
installation)?

Thanks

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 03:57:34PM +0100, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> can I use preseeding for installing one package unattended (not a whole debian
> installation)?

Hi Chantal,

What are you trying to accomplish? Preseeding is used for installation. Are
you trying to install one package to an already installed system? Do you want
this to happen automatically? If that's the case, you may want to look into
puppet, chef, bcfg2, or cfengine. (I recommend puppet myself).

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students

Thank you Eric,

I am already using cfengine2 and puppet :). But when I want to install
postfix or phpmyadmin with cfengine a dialog screen flashes by which
looks a bit weird. That's why I want to use preseeding (or something
else) so the installer doesn't ask questions when a package is
installed automatically.

On Thu,04.Mar.10, 15:48:09, chantal(a)antenna.nl wrote:
> Thank you Eric,
>
> I am already using cfengine2 and puppet :). But when I want to
> install postfix or phpmyadmin with cfengine a dialog screen flashes
> by which looks a bit weird. That's why I want to use preseeding (or
> something else) so the installer doesn't ask questions when a
> package is installed automatically.

I think you want the non-interactive debconf interface. Try:

# dpkg-reconfigure debconf

Regards,
Andrei

> On Thu,04.Mar.10, 15:48:09, chantal(a)antenna.nl wrote:
> > Thank you Eric,
> >
> > I am already using cfengine2 and puppet :). But when I want to
> > install postfix or phpmyadmin with cfengine a dialog screen flashes
> > by which looks a bit weird. That's why I want to use preseeding (or
> > something else) so the installer doesn't ask questions when a
> > package is installed automatically.
>
> I think you want the non-interactive debconf interface. Try:
>
> # dpkg-reconfigure debconf
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

great! That's it, it works. Thanks Andrei.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: kismet & gpsd
Next: tcp/ip traffic shaping in Debian