From: Raven on
On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 09:54 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 02:53:38PM +0100, Raven wrote:
> >
> > To encode the image I use:
> >
> > /usr/bin/uuencode img.jpg img.jpg > attachment.txt
> > cat hdr.txt body.txt attachment.txt > message.txt
> > $SENDMAIL "-f" $4 "--" $2 <message.txt
> >

> > Anyone knows how to solve this?
>
> Have a look at mpack. I use it regularly to send attachments from the
> commandline.
>
> Regards
> Johann

Thank you all for the responses.
Unfortunately the only thing I was successful with was Mutt. I would be
fine with it if it wasn't for the fact that emails originate from the
system account "filter" (who has the rights to run the content-filter
script) rather than a generic address that users could actually reply
to.
Could you please post (or email me privately) an example using mpack or
mmenconde that allows to manually insert headers (such as To:, From:,
It seems I am not able to replicate correctly the MIME info resulting in
the jpeg attachment not being read by the BlackBerry email client.

Thanks

-JK