From: Camaleón on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:47:17 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Michal wrote:
>> ...so you can only use a browser then? You can't use other
>> applications? This sounds like the sort of system they have a hotels
>> and such like...but there are ways to get around these...one way was
>> even put in a Linux magazine a few weeks ago. Have a search around
>>

> But I have credentials! So that might be simple if I get a way to share
> the credentials with other programs.

What is the exact problem you are facing with your current setup (what
can't you do now and what do you want to achieve)?

If you share the concrete problem people can provide you a concrete
solution :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

From: Celejar on
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:17:28 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> You mean a proxy?
>
> For GUI apps, you will need to setup wide proxy settings under your DE
> (GNOME?).
>
> For command line utilities, such "wget", it should be already
> contemplated by the program itself so there must an option to pass
> credentials ("man program-to-use" for details) :-P.

Just to clarify, many GUI apps can (must?) be internally configured for
proxy use (e.g., IW / FF), just like the CLI apps.

Celejar

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:10:59 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Merciadri Luca wrote:

>>> What is the exact problem you are facing with your current setup (what
>>> can't you do now and what do you want to achieve)?
>>>
>>> If you share the concrete problem people can provide you a concrete
>>> solution :-)
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>

>> I think that Mr. Metzmeier has understood the problem; I'll investigate
>> using the name he gave. Thanks. :-)

Good!

Just put your findings here so we all benefit from it :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón