First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134
How to schedule for a repeated task?
Dear All I need to schedule for a repeated task on my Debian server, as the followings: -) Telnet to a remote node -) Issue a command -) Capture the output in a log -) Logout from Telnet -) Wait for a prescribed time interval -) Then redo , but append the subsequent output in just on file Can you please let me... 3 May 2010 15:21
Setting CNAMES via ddns from dhcp3
Running on lenny I have dhcp3-server set to ddns (interim) updating bind9. This works fine as is. Each recognised host on the network is identified by its mac address - something like: host hostname { hardware ethernet XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX; fixed-address 192.168.1.X; ... 2 May 2010 05:31
Problem with broken sudo package
Hello, I tried to upgrade sudo yesterday, but I had some errors. I can't send them, as mount is also broken so I can't transfer them to this computer. The error was something like: Can't create hard link to usr/var/archives/sudo (this may not be the exact path). I decided to purge the package, and install it... 2 May 2010 04:27
LXDE does not log out.
I am running LXDE on Squeeze and am keeping it up to date. I recently noticed that I can not log out of a session. Trying to do so results in no response at all. I can shut down, or reboot without any problems, but logout does nothing. I don't know if this started after the full-upgrade that I did last Monday (whic... 2 May 2010 03:23
Mounting DVD. What am I doing wrong?
> >Your perms are missing the "x" flag for the owner so no access is allowed. I recall a similar situation in another mailing list... I don't want to *execute* the files, I want to *read* them. You already got the answer. Directories have to have "x" flag to let user in. I assume your dvd was written wit... 2 May 2010 01:14
Always do a full backup first [Re: Broken dependencies]
On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 17:20:56 +0200, Alois Mahdal wrote: Hello, because a stupid mistake, I have interrupted apt-get during early stage of dist-upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze. Now I cannot get apt-get working and I don't know how to fix it. I know it's cold comfort, but this is th... 1 May 2010 16:30
aptitude in lenny: cmdline queueing of packages
In Aptitude, I can execute queued package modification orders (install, remove, etc) by use of 'aptitude install', with no arguments. How does one queue packages using only the command line? I'm looking to duplicate the following sequence done in the curses UI: sudo aptitude /* browse package lists, find desir... 3 May 2010 18:43
Broken dependencies
Hello, because a stupid mistake, I have interrupted apt-get during early stage of dist-upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze. Now I cannot get apt-get working and I don't know how to fix it. Could anyone of you please help me? I'll be also happy with advice on how to get proper debug info for you, of course. ... 2 May 2010 18:41
glXCreateContext failed in Squeeze
> Hello, I recently switched back to the GNOME desktop environment from KDE and I'm interested in running Compiz Fusion, which I remember playing with when I was using the Ubuntu distribution. First thing I did was follow > the instructions outlined here: http://wiki.debian.org/Compiz And everything... 1 May 2010 12:02
NVidia MCP61, no sound...
Hi, I'm running Lenny on a brand new AMD64, and just one thing is not working at all: the sound card. I mean, it seems to be perfectly detected, I get no errors at all from any sound application, but I can't get sound from any jack I connect my speakers (or headphones) to. Here are lspci for the card: 00... 4 May 2010 13:27