From: George Kerby on

On 5/29/10 10:09 AM, in article
elmop-9766E3.11094229052010(a)news.eternal-september.org, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop(a)nastydesigns.com> wrote:

> In article <q19206h473eu9mnkedh9g1iqh73v0hkpok(a)4ax.com>,
> John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Newtonian affair grows cold
>> By Rik Myslewski in San Francisco
>>
>> As the iPad goes on sale in the UK (and eight other countries), I've
>> had my own "magical and revolutionary" Apple tablet for exactly 56
>> days. And I'm using it less and less each day.
>>
>> My fading relationship with my iPad reminds me of a long-ago college
>> fling with a young lovely. High anticipation, fervent consummation,
>> growing familiarization, decreasing fascination, and the inevitable:
>> "No, hon, it's not you. It's me."
>>
>> Which is the line you use even when you're pretty damn sure that it
>> is indeed her.
>>
>> Full disclosure: I write this as a fervent fanboi who has used Macs
>> since literally the first day that the original Macintosh 128k became
>> available in 1984. I've partnered with and enjoyed PowerBooks,
>> Quadras, Performas, iMacs, Power Macs, MacBooks, Mac Pros, and
>> iPhones � even a Newton.
>>
>> But of all of those Apple products, it's my whirlwind affair with the
>> Newton that most reminds me of my first 56 days with my iPad.
>>
>> With the Newton, as with the iPad, I eagerly anticipated its release,
>> and bagged one as soon as I could. I took it on business trips for
>> note-taking and email, had no problems with its much-maligned
>> handwriting recognition, and even played the occasional game on it.
>>
>> But after the first blush of novelty wore off, the Newton's flaws
>> asserted themselves: small display, unpocketable bulk, non-standard
>> file system, and so on. I found myself spending less and less time
>> with it, and soon returned to my previous partner, my trusty
>> PowerBook 170.
>>
>> So it has been with the iPad. ...
>>
>> MORE:
>> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/28/ipad_love_affair_goes_sour/>:
>
> It's amazing that people feel a need to hate an inanimate object. Yeah,
> Navas, I'm talking about you and those like you (see Gizmodo for good
> examples).
>
> I don't have an iPad, and I don't think I want one. But I don't hate it
> any more than I hate any other things I don't feel a need for. More
> importantly, I don't feel the burning need to spend energy actively
> hating it and telling people how much I hate it and how bad it must be.
>
> What drives that behavior of yours, Navas?
>
> Oh, I know--mental instability.

Correct. The lithium has worn out and "Sybil" has come out of NavAss.

If an inanimate object is not on the NavAss Official List of Approved
Products�, it obviously is inferior and must be challenged as to it's
'worthiness' of ever existing, and NO one should have any reason for having
such a despised object.

It is The Law of NavAss and NO ONE should EVER question the NavAss wisdom.
Be it said. It is done.