From: Stan Hoeppner on
d.sastre.medina(a)gmail.com put forth on 4/24/2010 3:51 AM:
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 09:19:56AM +0200, export(a)hope.cz wrote:
>> I use Linux running in Compact Flash so that the size of the Compact
>> flash memory is the limit
>> Only SMTP, no POP3 server
>> Can you suggest something?
>
> Hello,
>
> This simple search:
>
> $ apt-cache search mta light
>
> showed some exim4 packages and the one you are looking for:
>
> $ apt-cache show msmtp-mta
> Package: msmtp-mta

You must have missed this in the OP's post. It's omitted in your reply
quote as well: "Users will send emails to a program running..."

I take this to mean _remote_ network users. msmtp-mta is an smtp _CLIENT_
only. It will not fit the OP's need. The OP's comment implies an smtp
listener is needed.

From: http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/doc/msmtp.html#Configuration-files

"1 Introduction

msmtp is an SMTP client.

In its default mode of operation, it reads a mail from standard input and
sends it to a predefined SMTP server that takes care of proper delivery.
Command line options and exit codes are compatible to sendmail."

It seems clear that the OP is going to need an smtp mta with pipe or local
delivery capability. Which one will depend on the answers to the questions
in my previous post.

--
Stan

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 04:57:10AM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> You must have missed this in the OP's post. It's omitted in your reply
> quote as well: "Users will send emails to a program running..."
>
> I take this to mean _remote_ network users. msmtp-mta is an smtp _CLIENT_
> only. It will not fit the OP's need. The OP's comment implies an smtp
> listener is needed.

Hello,

I overlooked that.
My apologies.

Regards.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB
From: d.sastre.medina on
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:35:55PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> msmtp will *not* accept incoming mail (which is what the OP asked for).
> The solution is probably one of exim or postfix, possibly recompiled to
> keep only a minimum of features needed for the given application, an
> answer to Stan's mail will tell more.

Absolutely right. My apologies to the OP.

> P.S. What keyserver are you using, subkeys keeps timing out when mutt
> requests your key

It happenned to me too with some user's key, so I changed my default
keyserver in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf to

keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

Now I get better timings:

$ time -p(gpg --recv-keys 448B31EB)
gpg: solicitando clave 448B31EB de hkp servidor
pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: clave 448B31EB: "David Sastre Medina (David)
<d.sastre.medina(a)gmail.com>" sin cambios
gpg: Cantidad total procesada: 1
gpg: sin cambios: 1
real 0.76
user 0.01
sys 0.00

$ time -p(gpg --recv-keys DEA22DE9)
gpg: solicitando clave DEA22DE9 de hkp servidor
pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: clave DEA22DE9: "Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu(a)gmail.com>" sin
cambios
gpg: Cantidad total procesada: 1
gpg: sin cambios: 1
real 0.29
user 0.01
sys 0.00

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB
From: Celejar on
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 04:26:16 -0500
Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> export(a)hope.cz put forth on 4/24/2010 2:19 AM:
> >
> > Hi Celejar,
> > Thank you for your reply.
> > I use Linux running in Compact Flash so that the size of the Compact flash
> > memory is the limit
> > Users will send emails to a program running in the Compact flash so I need a
> > mail server there too.
> > Only SMTP, no POP3 server
> > Can you suggest something?
>
> We need many more details before making a proper recommendation:

And another crucial question: do you need a full MTA, or will you
just be relaying mail to a real MTA (smarthost)?

Celejar

[Please reply to the list, and not to me, as per the CoC.]
[Please don't top post.]

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:48:06 +0200
export(a)hope.cz wrote:

> Celejar,
> Thank you for your reply.
> Not full MTA
> Best regards,
> lad.

Hm, I had thought that at least some of the small, relaying MTAs
accepted connections on port 25. On closer perusal, it looks like they
don't.

One option would be to build your own version of one of the big ones,
with all unnecessary functionality excluded. I don't know what the
resulting binary size would be.

Celejar