From: John Navas on
Motorola's Droid may soon have a plus-sized cousin.

Motorola is looking at developing a new tablet-style product that could
run Google's Android operating system, a company exec recently revealed.
Motorola co-CEO Sanjay Jha was answering questions at a conference when
the topic came up.

Motorola Android Tablet Talk

Motorola Verizon AndroidThe conference, an investor-driven event in New
York City, took place on Thursday. After spending some time talking
about Motorola's focus on Android -- "nearly all" of Motorola's energy
is being spent on Android these days, Jha divulged -- the conversation
shifted to Motorola's plans for mobile devices outside of the smartphone
arena.

"I think that a companion 7- to 10-inch device in a home will become
very important, [both] as an augmentation to your TV experience [and]
also as a way of walking around the house and streaming TV to that
device," Jha said. "I think we're very focused in participating in this
convergence that's coming between mobility and home, and I think you
will actually see some products from us in a very short period of time."

Jha went on to say he could easily see such a device running the Android
operating system.

Motorola's Other Droid Developments

Motorola Droid PhoneThe Motorola Android tablet talk comes alongside
reports that the company has two new high-end Droid phones in the works.
According to a story published in The Wall Street Journal on Friday,
Verizon Wireless is planning to debut the Android smartphones sometime
in July. The paper says Motorola struck a deal with Verizon to make sure
the devices would be "heavily promoted."

MORE:
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/197499/motorola_android_tablet_may_be_coming_soon.html>

SEE ALSO: Motorola is 'all in' on Android
<http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/05/28/motorola-is-all-in-on-android/>