From: colp on
On Nov 26, 2:37 pm, "N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" <dl...(a)cox.net>
wrote:
> "colp" <c...(a)solder.ath.cx> wrote in message

> > On Nov 26, 7:18 am, "N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)"
> > <dl...(a)cox.net>
> > wrote:
> >> "colp" <c...(a)solder.ath.cx> wrote in message

> >> From your own mouth too.
>
> >> Hoist by your own petard...
>
> > Really?
>
> Really.

You havem't shown any misdirection on my part. You lose.

> > Dirk's misdirection is evident in his opening post, but
> > he has not shown any misdirection on my part.
>
> *You* certainly have shown such.

You are unable to quote anything that I posted which supports your
claim.

> > He has neither admitted not denied his error, and has
> > resorted to insults in favour of arguments.
>
> He is about the kindest person I know, and he has the most fun
> with those who set out to decieve. If you honestly believe he
> has made an error, you'd better check your facts at least twice.

I checked my facts before and after his reply. I stand by my claim.

> I assure you, he has not. It would spoil his fun.

The error is his claim that relativistic time dilation is reversed on
the return leg of the experiment.

From Dirk's opening post:

When your two clocks fly apart, each clock will measure
this time to be longer and conclude that the other clock
is "running slower".
While clock A is coasting, according to clock A, each
tick on clock A is simultaneous with some tick on clock B
with a smaller time value.
While clock B is coasting, according to clock B, each
tick on clock B is simultaneous with some tick on clock A
with a smaller time value.

After clock A has made its turnaround, it has shifted to
another inertial frame, in which according to clock A, each
tick on clock A is simultaneous with some tick on clock B
with a larger time value.
After clock B has made its turnaround, it has shifted to
another inertial frame, in which according to clock B, each
From: Dono on

> The error is his claim that relativistic time dilation is reversed on
> the return leg of the experiment.
>
> From Dirk's opening post:
>
> When your two clocks fly apart, each clock will measure
> this time to be longer and conclude that the other clock
> is "running slower".
> While clock A is coasting, according to clock A, each
> tick on clock A is simultaneous with some tick on clock B
> with a smaller time value.
> While clock B is coasting, according to clock B, each
> tick on clock B is simultaneous with some tick on clock A
> with a smaller time value.
>
> After clock A has made its turnaround, it has shifted to
> another inertial frame, in which according to clock A, each
> tick on clock A is simultaneous with some tick on clock B
> with a larger time value.
> After clock B has made its turnaround, it has shifted to
> another inertial frame, in which according to clock B, each
> tick on clock B is simultaneous with some tick on clock A
> with a larger time value.

Dirk is describing the Doppler effect piece to you,
http://www.catshoes.com/Tubes/Cartoons/Dumbo03.gif
From: colp on
On Nov 26, 3:31 pm, Dono <sa...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> > The error is his claim that relativistic time dilation is reversed on
> > the return leg of the experiment.
>
> > From Dirk's opening post:
>
> > When your two clocks fly apart, each clock will measure
> > this time to be longer and conclude that the other clock
> > is "running slower".
> > While clock A is coasting, according to clock A, each
> > tick on clock A is simultaneous with some tick on clock B
> > with a smaller time value.
> > While clock B is coasting, according to clock B, each
> > tick on clock B is simultaneous with some tick on clock A
> > with a smaller time value.
>
> > After clock A has made its turnaround, it has shifted to
> > another inertial frame, in which according to clock A, each
> > tick on clock A is simultaneous with some tick on clock B
> > with a larger time value.
> > After clock B has made its turnaround, it has shifted to
> > another inertial frame, in which according to clock B, each
> > tick on clock B is simultaneous with some tick on clock A
> > with a larger time value.
>
> Dirk is describing the Doppler effect piece to you,http://www.catshoes.com/Tubes/Cartoons/Dumbo03.gif

Wrong. Here is the context:

No, special relativity says much more precise than that
"moving clocks" are running slow.

It says something about intertial observers who measure
times between ticks on remote, moving clocks.

From: Dono on
On Nov 25, 3:46 pm, colp <c...(a)solder.ath.cx> wrote:

> Dirk's misdirects by describing the return leg in a way which is
> inconsistent with SR.

Umm, no.

> This misdirection serves to hide the paradox.

Also no.

> One could argue that switching reference frames half way through the
> experiment is another form of misdirection.

Again, no.

From: Dono on

What is the incorrect part according to you, http://www.catshoes.com/Tubes/Cartoons/Dumbo03.gif