From: Geoff Coupe on
"Rainald Taesler" <taesler(a)gmx.de> wrote in message

> I take the liberty to disagree.
> I for one do not like it all (close to hating it).

Fine, I happen to like it.

> OE and WinMail for me were essentials as I need to have News and Mail in
> the same application.

Er, excuse me, Windows Live Mail does have News and Mail in the same
application... Are you sure we're talking about the same application?

From: Geoff Coupe on
"'whatever'" <whoever(a)wherever.com> wrote in message

> I AGREE !!! I HATE WINDOWS LIVE .. It is so slow ... Seems to bog down my
> computer. Try to mail from the web and it takes an eternity to open ..
> You can get news with Live but that is even more annoying .. and why do
> they keep hiding the menu .. gotta search and select to show it .. why
> would anyone NOT want to see the menu ?? sheesh .. Did I mention I hate
> Windows Live ??

We don't seem to be talking about the same application. I don't "mail from
the web", I use the desktop client, which is Windows Live Mail... It's as
fast as ever Outlook Express was, and I use it for both Mail and News.

I don't even understand what you mean about 'hiding the menu' - it's there
if you want it, but you can turn it off if you don't like it. It doesn't
come and go as you seem to be suggesting.

From: Jaime on
"Rainald Taesler" <taesler(a)gmx.de> wrote in message
> OE and WinMail for me were essentials as I need to have News and Mail in
> the same application.....
> Rainald

They're both in my version, what version are you using?
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."

From: Rainald Taesler on
Geoff Coupe wrote:
> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:

>> I take the liberty to disagree.
>> I for one do not like it all (close to hating it).
>>
> Fine, I happen to like it.

No problem. Taste differs <bg>

>> OE and WinMail for me were essentials as I need to have News and
>> Mail in the same application.
>
> Er, excuse me, Windows Live Mail does have News and Mail in the same
> application... Are you sure we're talking about the same application?

Yes, I know that WLM handles mail and news.
I do not like it, however. It had tested it for a while. "No never, no
more!"

Rainald

From: Rainald Taesler on
Jaime wrote:
> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:

>> OE and WinMail for me were essentials as I need to have News and
>> Mail in the same application.....
>> Rainald
>
> They're both in my version, what version are you using?

Obviously you misunderstood me :-(
I had said that I do not like WLM.
I had tested it for a longer while, then threw it off the system.

What you quote was not WLM-related. It was just on the criteria for
other mail-/news-clients.
Yes, WLM can handle both. But it's a no-no for me.

Rainald