|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
cloning with Acronis, a problem Re: Support for XP
Shoe <j_shoe(a)yahoo.com> on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:57:26 -0400 typed in alt.os.windows-xp the following: I am using the upgrade version. I looked at the procedures for using the upgrade disc on a clean install and decided that cloning the drive would be the easiest way to do the install. I've cloned drives bef... 9 Aug 2010 15:39
System Volume Information needed
I'm running a 3GHZ Dell with 2G RAM and WINXP Pro SP2 and a Seagate 500GB external Hard Drive. I won't bother your or embarrass me by stating I that I now have a folder on my Seagate drive entitled "System Volume Information" which doesn't belong there. It has zero folders, zero files and zero bits of infor... 4 Aug 2010 01:41
The complete folder / file name is NOT displayed under the thumbnail in Thumbnails view
Thumbnails view displays the images a folder contains on a folder icon so that you can quickly identify the contents of the folder. For example, if you store pictures in several different folders, in Thumbnails view, you can tell at a glance which folder contains the pictures you want. Normally, the complete f... 11 Aug 2010 20:13
Taskbar moved to top of screen, won't move back to bottom
I was using firefox typing a message and noticed my taskbar moved to the top of my desktop. I tried moving it back making sure it is not locked, but it is stuck there. I can pull it longer, hide it under apps, make it on top of apps, so on. I just can't move it to the sides or back to the bottom. Any ideas? ... 5 Aug 2010 09:06
Backup program needed
Running WinXP Pro SP2 on Dell with 3G CPU and 2G RAM. I bought a Seagate external hard drive for backup purposes and now I'm looking for a good backup program. The one that came with the Seagate isn't very good because it makes you backup on a schedule rather than when you want and Microsoft's SyncToy is wort... 6 Aug 2010 23:38
Auto Installer
Hi there I'm trying to automate the following set of tasks using a batch file. This is kind of a software rollout to about 100 odd servers through batch file. Doing this manually takes me about 3-4 hours to complete. This is also introduces the risk of human errors which i want to avoid The following are the se... 30 Jul 2010 09:39
REMOVING AN UNWANTED PROGRAMME
Tried to remove an unwanted programme through the "settings -add and remove" process and I fail. I get the message that there was a problem in installation. Is there another means of removing a programme from the computer Erika ... 29 Jul 2010 02:05
anti-windows external monitor - help?
I picked up a LG L1932TQ external monitor, and I have yet to get it to work. I've tried hooking it up to 2 laptops running Windows 7, and on both, the display would flash with the correct screen for a second and then go black and lose the signal (i.e. power light goes from awake blue to sleep orange). This happen... 29 Jul 2010 11:51
Auto-play not working - CD-ROMS and USB drive (tried many suggestions)
On 7/28/2010 12:18 PM, Robert Hall wrote: Everything I have tried is below. When I put a CD in the computer, or plug in a USB flash drive, I don't get a window asking me what I want to do (play music, open folder to view files, nothing, etc.) I tested the USB drive on my other computer, and I get the ... 28 Jul 2010 20:39
Auto-play not working - CD-ROMS and USB drive (tried many suggestions)
Everything I have tried is below. When I put a CD in the computer, or plug in a USB flash drive, I don't get a window asking me what I want to do (play music, open folder to view files, nothing, etc.) I tested the USB drive on my other computer, and I get the dialog. The devices show up in My Computer. If I ri... 29 Jul 2010 17:23
Ubuntu upgrade problem
Dual-boot system: Win XP Pro / Ubuntu Hardware: HP Compaq Upgraded 9.04 to 10.04 LTS, but the Grub menu has not been updated, and still shows: = = = = Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-17-Generic Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-17-Generic (recovery mode) Ubuntu 9.04, memtest 86+ Other operating systems, Microsoft Wi... 23 Jul 2010 11:22
Annoying files in FAT drive
I am using an external FAT drive of 40 GB for loading files for portability and such. At this point there are two folders named: RECYCLER and System Volume Information. I don't know how they got there - they weren't there when I got the drive - or even from which computer they came. I use the drive in my XP ... 27 Jul 2010 15:02
Support for XP
Does anyone know how long Microsoft plans to continue support for XP Service Pack 3? I have one computer I have not upgraded to 7 yet even though I bought 7 for it last fall. I will definitely upgrade when support is discontinued. ... 24 Jul 2010 13:23
Umax Scanner driver needed
I'm running a Dell 3GHz CPU with 2G RAM and WinXP PRO SP2 I have a Umax AstraNET A101 scanner. Does anyone know where I can get a WINXP driver for this scanner. I can't find it by Google. Thanks Henry ... 20 Jul 2010 22:19
Passing the current folder as an argument
I'd like to do two things. First, I'd like to set up a short-cut key, or add an item to Explorer folder menus/context menus, and have it execute a file. A bat, or a shortcut, or an executable; any would be fine. Second, I'd like to have that file get passed the path of the current directory as argument. I ... 16 Jul 2010 01:14
The process behind "system idle process"
I am using Windows XP SP3 in an Acer Netbook. Recently I noticed episodes of near-total shutdown of Windows a fairly long delay, and then recovery with all the operations I had keyed in being done (windows opening, closed programs closing, etc). I went to Task Manager and found System Idle Process appearing t... 16 Jul 2010 02:19
why windows updates sometimes don't ask me if i want to installthem?
John wrote: i have the option for auto updates set to "download updates for me but let me choose when to install them". but regardless of that, windows sometimes on its own installs them on shutdown never even bothering to offer the update icon to confirm updates. why does it do this? it does not ... 13 Jul 2010 23:00
why windows updates sometimes don't ask me if i want to install them?
i have the option for auto updates set to "download updates for me but let me choose when to install them". but regardless of that, windows sometimes on its own installs them on shutdown never even bothering to offer the update icon to confirm updates. why does it do this? it does not happen all the time, just... 14 Jul 2010 20:54
xp repair install question
had fresh install few months back of xp, everything was working fine then used ccleaner then right after noticed problems.....missing or corrupted drivers including driver for cd/dvd drive then system crash, recover from serious error now windows will only start in safe mode... I am thinking of trying repair xp ... 14 Jul 2010 07:39
Here ya go, ya fuckers...
http://kadaitcha.cx/blog/index.php?blogid=1 -- snufty : n. One who derives pleasure from sniffing, bicycle seats, drip trays (qv), socks etc. ... 13 Jul 2010 17:30
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11