From: Richard Lawrence on
Thanks to all who have replied!

Looks like VirtualBox OSE may be the way for me to go for now, though
I may also try my hand at QEMU. I found another lisp-based OS I might
want to play around with, and they have QEMU images ready to boot:

http://losak.sourceforge.net/

Richard

On 4/25/10 7:10 PM, Richard Lawrence wrote:

> http://losak.sourceforge.net/

A Lisp OS!!???

Could be, I guess. I once worked at a place where they claimed to have
written an accounting package in BASIC. I think I'd stick with VirtualBox...

--
Glenn English
ghe(a)slsware.com

Pikers. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_machine>

> I once worked at a place where they claimed to have written an
> accounting package in BASIC.

I used a commercial accounting package written in BASIC. Worked fine.
--
John Hasler

On 04/25/2010 09:39 PM, John Hasler wrote:
> Glenn English writes:
>> A Lisp OS!!???
>
> Pikers.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_machine>
>
>> I once worked at a place where they claimed to have written an
>> accounting package in BASIC.
>
> I used a commercial accounting package written in BASIC. Worked fine.

Snot-nosed kids never heard of Business BASIC or MAI Basic-4, or
know the sublime beauty of COBOL written by masters of the craft.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?

On 4/25/2010 8:34 PM, ghe wrote:
> On 4/25/10 7:10 PM, Richard Lawrence wrote:
>
>> http://losak.sourceforge.net/
>
> A Lisp OS!!???
>
> Could be, I guess. I once worked at a place where they claimed to have
> written an accounting package in BASIC. I think I'd stick with
> VirtualBox...

Am I detecting sarcasm? A flashback to the late seventies? Seriously,
all accounting packages were written in BASIC until the early nineties,
at least.

Still are, if you count MS Visual Basic as BASIC.

MAA