From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
In addition to what others have said here, if you buy Win7 Professional or
Ultimate, you'll also have the option to run Windows VPC and XP Mode if your
new computer supports hardware virtualization. This gives you a fully
integrated Windows XP virtual machine that you can run inside Windows 7 and
that should run even your 16-bit applications.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 15/01/2010 in message <MPG.25ba327e820850b89896b3(a)news.conversent.net>
David Kerber wrote:

>Office 97 installs and runs fine on Win7 x64; I just did it last week.

Have you tried to install SR1 and SR2?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those
From: David Kerber on
In article <xn0gp6gki7deaie001(a)msnews.microsoft.com>,
jgaines_newsid(a)yahoo.co.uk says...

> On 15/01/2010 in message <MPG.25ba327e820850b89896b3(a)news.conversent.net>
> David Kerber wrote:
>
> >Office 97 installs and runs fine on Win7 x64; I just did it last week.
>
> Have you tried to install SR1 and SR2?

No, not yet.