From: David B. on
Flash works fine on Windows 7 x64, just not with IE x64.

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd(a)lamparty.net> wrote in message
generally all 32 bit programs work on 64 bit os.
there are a few exceptions.
like flash for example. but there are easy work arounds.

getting a new computer there is less worry about proper drivers for the
hardware.

you can always check with the individual program makers to see if they have
a 64 bit version.

mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com

"Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
I have learnt that Windows 64-bit has better performance. I am going to
have a new computer and would like to know if I should select 32-bit or
64-bit OS. If I select 64-bit OS, do I need to buy all application
software
for 64-bit in order to have better performance. Can someone give me
guidance the pro and con for choosing 64-bit OS.

Thanks,

Scott

From: rak on
My home network has both 64bit and 32bit laptops on it. They are now
running Windows 7. You noted the scanner issue. I'd also consider how you
use your printer. If you have a home print server such as one from Linksys,
chances are it will not work. I got around this by using an old desktop on
the network and usb'ing the printer to it as a network printer. Otherwise,
I have had no problems with things like tv tuners, old scanners if connected
via usb, and the like. As someone else said, most older apps do not work
any faster, but overall the pc functions much better under 64bit (with 4G of
ram).

"Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have learnt that Windows 64-bit has better performance. I am going to
> have a new computer and would like to know if I should select 32-bit or
> 64-bit OS. If I select 64-bit OS, do I need to buy all application
> software
> for 64-bit in order to have better performance. Can someone give me
> guidance the pro and con for choosing 64-bit OS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3