From: Peter Rubens on
Hello I have read somewhere (but forgot where!) that some one has his
pagefil.sys and hiberfil.sys and even
tempfiles in separate partitions to speedup his system
I have plenty of HDspace and running winows 7 64bits, how can I modify win 7
to try this scheme?

__________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4715 (20091224) __________

Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Honestly, it won't make much if any difference. You can move the page file
using the System applet in the Control Panel (sysdm.cpl), and clicking on
the Advanced Tab, Performance Options, Advanced Tab, Virtual Memory->Change
button. Temp files are controlled by the Environment Variables button on the
first of those Advanced tabs. I don't think you can easily change the
hibernate file.

But, as I said, I don't think you'll gain anything noticable.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Carlos on
Peter,
Go to your Computer Properties (Win key + Pause) and click (left pane) on
"Advanced System Configuration" (I am translating from Spanish into English
so there may be some differences).
Go to the Advanced Options tab, and click on Configuration in the
Performance Section (that would be the upper one).
Now go to the Advanced Options Tab and click the button "Change" in Virtual
Memory.
There you go.
Carlos

From: Juergen Kluth on
Hi,
i bet a buck on it:

You cannot speed up hibernate mode at all !

;-))

jk
Happy christmas
From: Richard Urban on
Placing the pagefil.sys on any other partition on the same hard drive will
only slow the system down. It puts the page file out of the way of the
system files and it then takes longer to access the page file due to extra
drive head movement. If you place the page file on a second hard drive, on
the same IDE controller you will NOT see any speed increase. The two drives
must share the resources of the same controller.

Now, If you place the page file on a hard drive on a different IDE
controller, the two drive can read/write simultaneously - which will likely
show you a difference.

Note that if you have SATA drives each hard drive is on its own controller.
You can place the page file on any other drive (than the system drive) and
will likely see an improvement.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Peter Rubens" <p.r.croes(a)hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> Hello I have read somewhere (but forgot where!) that some one has his
> pagefil.sys and hiberfil.sys and even
> tempfiles in separate partitions to speedup his system
> I have plenty of HDspace and running winows 7 64bits, how can I modify win
> 7 to try this scheme?
>

> __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database
> viruskenmerken 4715 (20091224) __________
>
> Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Win7 Start Sound