From: jean on

Le Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:50:02 +0200,

"John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan(a)opensourcedevel.com> a écrit :

> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 10:35 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> > On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 05:56:44 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> (http://blogs.adobe.com/acroread/2009/06/printing_with_adobe_reader_the.h
tml).

> I do see that I can fiddle with the

> ~/adobe/Acrobat/8.0Preferences/reader_prefs and set /printerCommand

> [/s (kprinter)] instead of (lp) but that's not quite the same. If we

> have to go that route, does anyone know how to

> edit /usr/lib/Adobe/Reader8/Reader/GlobalPrefs/reader_prefs to set

> this automatically when users run acroread for the first time? Thanks

> - John

Hi,

I have printer on a network, I choose for the printer custom and in the

field on the right, kprinter as command, then the kprinter window

open...allowing to choose your printer

Maybe it will help you.

Best regards

Jean

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-04-15 04:56, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> Semi-OT from your question, but v8.1.7 is *really* old. Make that
> really *REALLY* old. If you're running Stable and that's what's in
> the Stable repos, then remove it an go directly to adobe to get the
> latest version.

Maybe even more OT, but, AFAIK, acroread is not in the Stable repos.

==
merciadriluca-station:/home/merciadriluca# apt-cache search acroread
merciadriluca-station:/home/merciadriluca#
==

I have the same version, and everything is pretty fine.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

From: Merciadri Luca on
Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-04-15 07:51, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
> $ apt-cache policy acroread
> acroread:
> Installed: 9.3.1-0.0
> Candidate: 9.3.2-0.0
> Version table:
> 9.3.2-0.0 0
> 500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable/non-free Packages
> *** 9.3.1-0.0 0
> 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
Huh?

Did the OP try under GNOME too?

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

It pays to pay attention.

From: Ron Johnson on
On 2010-04-15 07:51, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>> On 2010-04-15 04:56, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>>
>> Semi-OT from your question, but v8.1.7 is *really* old. Make that
>> really *REALLY* old. If you're running Stable and that's what's in
>> the Stable repos, then remove it an go directly to adobe to get the
>> latest version.
>>
> Maybe even more OT, but, AFAIK, acroread is not in the Stable repos.
>
> ==
> merciadriluca-station:/home/merciadriluca# apt-cache search acroread
> merciadriluca-station:/home/merciadriluca#
> ==

$ apt-cache policy acroread
acroread:
Installed: 9.3.1-0.0
Candidate: 9.3.2-0.0
Version table:
9.3.2-0.0 0
500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable/non-free Packages
*** 9.3.1-0.0 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

> I have the same version, and everything is pretty fine.

Eh.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:40:47 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 10:35 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> Mmmm, IIRC you have to leave the default command as is (/usr/bin/lpr)
>> and select a default printer in KDE.
>>
>> Acrobat should print for the default printer.
>>
> While googling around, I did see a page which suggested I should be able
> to see my printers
> (http://blogs.adobe.com/acroread/2009/06/
printing_with_adobe_reader_the.html).

Mmmm, that article says something about "env" variables:

***
Environment Variables

Make sure that LID_LIBRARY_PATH points to the location for libcups and
also CUPS lp and lpr are in PATH.

When you invoke the print dialog using Control+P, all the printers
configured show up in the Printer Name dropdown.
***

I'm not sure how to check this in Debian, maybe someone else can give you
a hint on this :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón