From: Alexander Samad on
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Jari Fredriksson <jarif(a)iki.fi> wrote:

> On 3.3.2010 19:54, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> > On 3.3.2010 19:18, Mart Frauenlob wrote:
> >> On 03.03.2010 15:29, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

[snip]

> Does not seem to be a useful utility. Limits all traffic on some
> interface, no good. I want to limit traffic per ip address or port.

wondershaper uses tc if memory serves me correctly, tc has the ability to
select which ip to apply to. you will need to rtfm

From: Jari Fredriksson on
On 3.3.2010 19:43, Raimund Sacherer wrote:
> Hi, i strongly advice you, if you do want this seriously, to read and understand:
> http://lartc.org/lartc.html
>
> This is the Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
>
> Here you should find everything you need to shape your traffic at your heart's will.
>
> best regards
> Raimund

You are right, this stuff needs to be taken seriously. I have not what
it takes in the seriousness.

Quite a text, that ;)

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Cheer Up! Things are getting worse at a slower rate.

From: Artur Frydel on
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Alexander Samad <alex(a)samad.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Jari Fredriksson <jarif(a)iki.fi> wrote:

> [snip]
>>
>> Does not seem to be a useful utility. Limits all traffic on some
>> interface, no good. I want to limit traffic per ip address or port.
>>

> wondershaper uses tc if memory serves me correctly, tc has the ability to
> select which ip to apply to. you will need to rtfm

Hi.
And (as I see now) wondersharper is a little... outdated.
There is a old cbq algoritm using in this script. Better way is to use
htb (or hsfc), and using ifb is also a good idea.

--
Best regards.
Artur 'Bzyk' Frydel