From: Jeff Liebermann on
On Fri, 28 May 2010 08:33:08 -0500, DanS
<t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t(a)r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote:

>Maybe trolling, but I have experience RF induced nausea and
>dizziness.

Ditto. I spent quite a bit of time in an anechoic chamber. After
about 3 hours, I got rather light headed. However, it wasn't the RF.
The foam had absorbed some noxious cleaning solvent.

Whenever I go to a high power TV/FM/commerical mountain top site, I
get a nasty tooth ache. It's quite consistent and limits the amount
of time I can spend up there. I've considered having the filling
replaced with something non-metallic (and which doesn't contain
mercury).

On the same mountain tops, I find that my eyes sometimes hurt. It's
not the altitude or glaucoma as I don't have the same problem on
mountain tops without transmitters. The eye is the most heat
sensitive part of the body, and apparently I'm seeing some effects.

I'm also certain that there are long term effects to RF exposure. When
I first started in the RF biz, I had a full head of hair, a steady
hand, a positive attitude, and a substantial bank account. After 40
years in the RF biz, the hair is almost gone, the hand is shakey, my
attitude is decidedly negative, and the bank account depleted.
Obviously, this was all due to RF exposure.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
From: John Navas on
On Fri, 28 May 2010 17:36:04 +0100, Bob <bob(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in
<1eudnSyD9qFubWLWnZ2dnUVZ8vSdnZ2d(a)bt.com>:

>On 28/05/2010 15:58, John Navas wrote:

>> Does long-range radar meet your criteria? ;)

>Did you follow all the safety rules to limit exposure? Long range RADAR
>tends to use the frequencies which can cause damage at lower levels of
>exposure.

So that explains it! :)

--
Best regards, FAQ for Wireless Internet: <http://wireless.navas.us>
John FAQ for Wi-Fi: <http://wireless.navas.us/wiki/Wi-Fi>
From: DanS on
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl(a)cruzio.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 28 May 2010 08:33:08 -0500, DanS
> <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t(a)r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote:
>
>>Maybe trolling, but I have experience RF induced nausea and
>>dizziness.
>
> Ditto. I spent quite a bit of time in an anechoic chamber.
> After about 3 hours, I got rather light headed. However,
> it wasn't the RF. The foam had absorbed some noxious
> cleaning solvent.
>
> Whenever I go to a high power TV/FM/commerical mountain top
> site, I get a nasty tooth ache. It's quite consistent and
> limits the amount of time I can spend up there. I've
> considered having the filling replaced with something
> non-metallic (and which doesn't contain mercury).
>
> On the same mountain tops, I find that my eyes sometimes
> hurt. It's not the altitude or glaucoma as I don't have
> the same problem on mountain tops without transmitters.
> The eye is the most heat sensitive part of the body, and
> apparently I'm seeing some effects.
>
> I'm also certain that there are long term effects to RF
> exposure. When I first started in the RF biz, I had a full
> head of hair, a steady hand, a positive attitude, and a
> substantial bank account. After 40 years in the RF biz, the
> hair is almost gone, the hand is shakey, my attitude is
> decidedly negative, and the bank account depleted.
> Obviously, this was all due to RF exposure.

Wrong Jeff.......this never happened to either of us.

John Navas says it doesn't happen, so I was imagining
everything, as were you.
From: John Navas on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:48:43 -0500, DanS
<t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t(a)r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote in
<Xns9D8763F04DE28thisnthatroadrunnern(a)216.196.97.131>:

>Jeff Liebermann <jeffl(a)cruzio.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 28 May 2010 08:33:08 -0500, DanS
>> <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t(a)r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote:
>>
>>>Maybe trolling, but I have experience RF induced nausea and
>>>dizziness.
>>
>> Ditto. I spent quite a bit of time in an anechoic chamber.
>> After about 3 hours, I got rather light headed. However,
>> it wasn't the RF. The foam had absorbed some noxious
>> cleaning solvent.
>>
>> Whenever I go to a high power TV/FM/commerical mountain top
>> site, I get a nasty tooth ache. It's quite consistent and
>> limits the amount of time I can spend up there. I've
>> considered having the filling replaced with something
>> non-metallic (and which doesn't contain mercury).
>>
>> On the same mountain tops, I find that my eyes sometimes
>> hurt. It's not the altitude or glaucoma as I don't have
>> the same problem on mountain tops without transmitters.
>> The eye is the most heat sensitive part of the body, and
>> apparently I'm seeing some effects.
>>
>> I'm also certain that there are long term effects to RF
>> exposure. When I first started in the RF biz, I had a full
>> head of hair, a steady hand, a positive attitude, and a
>> substantial bank account. After 40 years in the RF biz, the
>> hair is almost gone, the hand is shakey, my attitude is
>> decidedly negative, and the bank account depleted.
>> Obviously, this was all due to RF exposure.
>>
>Wrong Jeff.......this never happened to either of us.
>
>John Navas says it doesn't happen, so I was imagining
>everything, as were you.

Read more carefully. LOL

--
Best regards,
John

"Facts? We ain't got no facts. We don't need no facts. I don't have
to show you any stinking facts!" [with apologies to John Huston]
From: Jeff Liebermann on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:48:43 -0500, DanS
<t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t(a)r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote:

>Wrong Jeff.......this never happened to either of us.

I wish it didn't. My tooth really does hurt. According to
discussions with a local dentist, the amalgam used is not particularly
conductive and is fairly resistive. More like a dummy load than a
conductor. So, in an high RF field, it gets warm. The dentist
suggested that what I'm feeling is a slight thermal expansion of the
filling, putting pressure on the nerve. We were able to reproduce the
symptoms by placing a heat probe on the filling.

>John Navas says it doesn't happen, so I was imagining
>everything, as were you.

Well, as a leading authority, he doesn't have to prove his assertions.
Unfortunately, I don't have the same level of authority and therefore
must prove what I claim. If he says it doesn't happen, then I must be
wrong.

I'm fairly sure that moderate doses of high level RF is harmless. For
example, I just finished an extended rag chew on 440MHz using a 35
watt radio with the antenna located about 3 ft from my head. I don't
feel any different and am quite sure it hasn't affected my... ummm...
what were we discussing?

It's the little things that cause problems. Time to start a campaign
against the dangers of local oscillator (LO) radiation. The typical
clock oscillator and LO might radiate about 1 mw of RF at various
frequencies. However, there are literally billions of these devices
in the US, spraying a dangerous RF "smog" everywhere. 1 milliwatt
might not seem like much but when multiplied by perhaps 100 billion
oscillating devices, we have megawatts of RF. Much of this insidious
LO radiation is concentrated in the populated areas. For example, in
a crowded football stadium, 50,000 cell phones, each radiating perhaps
1 mw of RF, will produce the same exposure as a 50 watt high power
transmitter. The average home might have 100 assorted oscillating
devices, each with an LO running 24 hours per day. I suggest a
national campaign be started, warning the general population of the
dangers of LO radiation, and demanding that the government do
something about it.