First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
howto recreate /dev/null ?
Actually, the "1" and "3" are the major and minor number. Major defines the device driver, and minor tells the driver which device it is (if you have more than one device with the same driver, i.e. serial ports). Nothing you should worry about when recreating the node, though. http://burks.brighton.ac.uk/bu... 17 Jun 2010 16:45
is there way to monitor dell perc 6i controller raid without dell omsa?
Is there nice way to monitor dell perc 6i hardware raid without dell omsa ? ... because installing omsa on 64bit debian is a bit tricky and mainly I don't need that www gui, just hardware raid status? -- Eero -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscrib... 17 Jun 2010 14:31
Restarting X
Hi, When I'm testing things with X I l want to be able to log via SSH and restart X, how can I do that in a console? I'm using Gnome. Thanks! James ... 17 Jun 2010 15:38
Did any recent testing update break ATI fglrx drivers?
I have looked for info on this but haven't found any. Since a couple of days I can't boot X anymore with my usual nvidia drivers setup. All I get is a blank screen with no way out, not even CTRL+ALT+Fn. My system is testing, updated daily. Is there any known issue causing this? Thanks. -- To UNSUBSCR... 18 Jun 2010 10:13
gettext upgrade woes
Hi guys, I am currently on Debian 5.04 and need to upgrade gettext from the current version to a newer one (im trying to upgrade DR17, and I get gettext errors). When I install gettext I get a LOT of dependency errors. Is there a way I can get gettext and the needed dependencies in one go? Thanks Danny ... 19 Jun 2010 17:49
Pour une Fête des pères exceptionnelle, faites-lui plaisir avec Sesamea !
Si ce message ne s'affiche pas correctement, cliquez ici Si vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir nos offres, cliquez ici ... 17 Jun 2010 10:03
Video problems with VLC
I have a problem playing AVI divx files with VLC. Yesterday upon start VLC showed an error message complaining about divx codecs and refused to proceed. Today the player starts but the video is squished horizontally (it occupies roughly 1/4th of the VLC window which is for the other part black). I'm on an upda... 18 Jun 2010 03:43
Rebuilding RAID 1 Array in Linux with a new hard disk after a disk fault - Howto with screen shots
On Wed, June 16, 2010 17:30, Michal wrote: Sorry I really didnt explain my self propely; Yes I mean /dev/sde and by lable I mean get a lable machine (or somehting similar) to put a physical lable on the drive, like a sticker with text saying /dev/sde I did this in one machine and simply built ... 17 Jun 2010 04:36
Kernel update includes nouveau module that clobbers nVidia drivers
On 23:35 Wed 16 Jun , AG wrote: I pass this along and hope that this helps anyone who finds themselves similarly disposed. this also bit a number of others on the list. If you see my post, I banned the nouveau module from my kernel as well as the nouveau packages from xxorg-* and then build my binary nvid... 17 Jun 2010 01:23
Symlinks (was Re: Triple boot with MS XP)
On 06/16/2010 10:03 PM, ABSDoug wrote: --- On Wed, 6/16/10, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson(a)cox.net> wrote: Symlink the NTFS iTunes directory to some place under $HOME. I've never heard this term "Symlink". I'm off to Google, but if you care to elaborate, please feel free! (That's the way for a... 18 Jun 2010 22:21