First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
problem with AC 97 sound chip
I have etch with kernel 2.6 The onboard ac 97 chip does not work lsmod shows intel 810 modules loaded sound controls in application appear to be working but there's no sound (the sound chip work in kernel 2.4 in sarge) -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "uns... 16 Jun 2010 01:17
LVM
Many thanks to all that responded to try to solve this LVM problem. I could not recover any data from the crashed system. I could not find any method of mounting drive 2 or 3 as individual drives and the system would not create a volume group without the now non-existant first drive. Once again, many thanks. I ... 17 Jun 2010 12:18
Problem removing nvidia-glx
inetutils-inetd --debug
Nothing in the syslog indicates that the target system receives a daytime request or a telnet request from another system and I wonder whether "inetutils-inetd --debug" might help. Appears that I might interactively "inetutils-inetd --debug restart" or somehow put the debug parameter in /etc/inetd.co... 15 Jun 2010 19:51
an apology - was Re: Backups - was: Re: LVM
Sorry for duplicate everybody. The list has been rejecting my emails with my usual SMTP set up. This means that I may think that something has gone when it hasn't or vice versa. Lisi -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact list... 15 Jun 2010 18:45
turn off all logging
Can anyone post a link, to a good howto, how to: - turn off logging to console - turn off logging to files [/var/log/messages] - turn off all logging Reason: because Lenny is not on a normal HDD, so i don't want to write to often. And i don't need any logging on it. Thank you! -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, emai... 17 Jun 2010 02:28
problems with dell poweredge server R140 (rack)
I tried to install Debian Lenny on Dell Poweredge R140 with no success. First problem is with netword card bnx2? It is not working with default install, but with this workaround it works: -> http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/ (this image support bnx2 from scratch) another problem is that default kernel cannot mou... 17 Jun 2010 02:28
Individuals/Organisation Required for Business Partnership
Techen Ind. Co. Ltd.and is a New and Smale Scale Company With Intent in Business Partnership for our North American office We Seek Individuals/Organisation to Offer Offshore Logistics/Financial Accounting North American Agent will Receive and Process funds on our Behalf Through T/T Wire,Swift Bank Transfers... 15 Jun 2010 14:16
new install and 1 MB between partitions
Hello, I made a new installation of my Debian system two days ago and noticed that there is about 1 MB unallocated between partitions. I would like to know the reason of this change. Thanks in advance Mélaine Aubin Guifo ... 16 Jun 2010 05:35
git rebase question
I am trying to understand the different aspects of git rebase, especially the "--onto" option. So I was going through "git help rebase". That made me consider a few other scenarios. 1. The first example is "git rebase master" or "git rebase master topic" But if we want to use "--onto" option, this would become... 16 Jun 2010 07:45