First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
switching to console and zapping
Hi, what could be the reason why I can't switch from X11 to consoles with Alt+Fx anymore? It's also not possible to kill the X session with Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, though this feature is not turned off in the xorg.conf. I'm using fvwm-crystal as a window manager. This has been going on for a quite a while now, but... 4 Jul 2010 12:16
FileZilla and auto-update of the server copy of my website
Hi, Just as many of us do, I prefer having both a local and a server copy of my files for my website. I have chosen to use FileZilla for my transfer, at the place of rsync. But I would like FileZilla to automatically upload the files that I added (or modified) locally, just as rsync could. Is it possible to do... 1 Jul 2010 03:26
Using gparted GUI to make GPT partition tables
Is the GUI for gparted effective enough for "dummies" to get properly aligned partitions via mindless clicking? Or do you still have to do some math to get things just right? -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster(a)lists.... 25 Jun 2010 17:34
Wireshark: how can I give rights to interfaces without launching it as root?
Hi, As stated in the title, I would like to launch wireshark without having to do it as root. I tried being root, but wireshark told me this was disadviced (astonishing, huh?). The problem is that if I launch it as an user, it does not detect any interface. How can I give to it rights for the interfaces, but not... 25 Jun 2010 18:40
Compiling kernel took a lot of disk space.
Hi, I am using debian unstable 64. Recently I wanted to compile a 2.6.34 kernel. Well, the source package is 64MB. Before `make-kpkg linux-image linux-headers --initrd` finished, the source directory took 6GB space, made the volume full. Tried a few times, the problem is still there, and always the same. ... 29 Jun 2010 03:05
Understanding my recurrent network connectivity problems
Hi, For one week now, I sometimes `loose' any access to the LAN and the WAN. Here is the way I am connected to the Internet: ISP (house's wall) -> ISP modem (RJ-45) -> D-Link DIR-635 router (RJ-45) -> Switch (RJ-45) -> 192.168.0.101 (this computer). When trying to use my Internet connection, I sometimes enco... 27 Jun 2010 06:19
Trouble using debmirror on Lenny (certain public keysnot found)
Hi Mirko, thanks for your suggestion. It worked. Must have been overlooking that hint in the manpage. Sorry. Greetings, Holger On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Mirko Parthey wrote: [...] By default, gpg stores new public keys in ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg, while gpgv expects them in ~/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg... 25 Jun 2010 06:37
xorg.conf -- nvidia to ati
Hi List! My nvidia card bit the dust and I was given an "ATI Technologies Inc RV370 [Radeon X300SE]" as a loaner. It runs fine and everything looks good on the desktop, but when I run an app that requires 3D acceleration everything seems to run slowly. I have been using a minimal xorg.conf that simply loads th... 27 Jun 2010 13:54
thttpd CGI pattern specified in thttpd.conf fails to match
I'm running thttpd 2.25b-11 in unstable. Spending an inordinate amount of time, I find no setting for the cgi-pat variable in thttpd.conf including the default would allow CGI script to execute. I found a workaround is to start thttpd from the command line, specifying cgi-pat with the -c flag. thttpd.conf... 25 Jun 2010 05:32
how to start xfce in etch
I have just installed xfce4 in etch but get no hint how to start it I add "xfwm" to ".xinitrc" but it doesn't work when I run xinit -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster(a)lists.debian.org Archive: http://lists.debian.org... 24 Jun 2010 21:55