First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Very slow LVM performance
I'm seeing a 10-fold performance hit when using an LVM2 logical volume that sits on top of a RAID0 stripe. Using dd to read directly from the stripe (i.e. a large sequential read) I get speeds over 600MB/s. Reading from the logical volume using the same method only gives around 57MB/s. I am new to LVM and I need ... 13 Jul 2010 19:44
lenny boot with grub2
Hi list, i've installed sqeeze (amd64) and grub2 as the boot loader. On an 2d hd lenny with grub (older version with the stage.. files) is installed. Since grub2 is installed on the mbr no way to boot my lenny system. Here is the lenny part on grub.cfg: menuentry "Lenny, kernel 2.6.28_mm01 (on /dev/sdc6)" { ... 13 Jul 2010 08:41
output from udevadm
The following short transcript is from adapting the udevadm invocation in http://wiki.debian.org/udev to investigate 1394 support in my Squeeze system. Two questions. * What exactly is meant by "device specified by the devpath" in the output? According to the udevadm man page, devpath is the value assi... 12 Jul 2010 11:48
basic installation question x 2
I'm new to Debian, and would like to give it serious consideration. I'm from a FreeBSD camp, so the differences are enough to challenge me. Two questions. (a) is it possible to avoid/cancel the initial request for a user name (other than root)? My goal is to have an install routine which _after_ the b... 11 Jul 2010 22:41
Getting my init-script to run at the correct time
I have a custom initscript /etc/init.d/sshfs , which mounts and unmounts sshfs from my server. I am having trouble getting it to run at the right place in the shutdown sequence. It used to work, but recently stopped working for no apparent reason. I have a symlink /etc/rc0.d/K01sshfs -> ../init.d/sshfs and... 15 Jul 2010 15:24
Spamassassin Cutoff
Where might I set the cutoff number of points of spamassassin? Currently (defaults to) 5 and I get a lot of false alarms at 5.2, for example. Alternatively, where might I lower the points for its internal ruleset? -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscr... 11 Jul 2010 21:35
newly installed KDE: don't want Nautilus window when USB memory inserted
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 19:06:14 -0400, H.S. wrote: On a newly installed KDE on a Testing system, I notice that when I connect a USB flash stick memory, it automatically opens in a Nautilus window. On the previously installed system, the Nautilus window did not open and only the removable device notifie... 12 Jul 2010 20:44
Wireless Encryption (was Re: NetworkManager Cannot Connect to Wireless Network)
On 07/10/2010 12:49 AM, John Frankish wrote: Hi, I just installed NetworkManager and started to use it with wired/wireless connections. Things work fine with the wired connection, but although NetworkManager displays several available wireless networks, it will not connect. ... 11 Jul 2010 23:47
newly installed KDE: don't want Nautilus window when USB memory inserted
On a newly installed KDE on a Testing system, I notice that when I connect a USB flash stick memory, it automatically opens in a Nautilus window. On the previously installed system, the Nautilus window did not open and only the removable device notifier for KDE popped up a message saying that a memory stick has ... 10 Jul 2010 19:19
ext3 to ext4 conversion
Charles Kroeger wrote: My question is if the hard drive is reformatted with the ext4 file system and I re-install that 'image' [ext3 file system] will the data be corrupted? This doesn't really help, I'll assume you just want to convert your ext3 filesystem (saved in an image file) to ext4. You have two p... 10 Jul 2010 19:19