First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Cannot edit "categories" for contacts in Evolution 2.30.2
greetings, Using squeeze, with gnome and evolution 2.30.2, and trying to customize the categories list, no changes can be made to the default categories list. For example, I create a new contact, called "John", then click categories. I delete every category but favorites and anniverssaries. Then I check those... 14 Jul 2010 14:18
UTC or localtime
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:32:09 -0600, Dave Thayer wrote: The camera is the same. Something get changed on Debian side? How can I fix it? (photos are from mounted SD card via SD card reader). You could be getting bit by Bug #577597 - "system with UTC=yes in /etc/default/rcS mounts FAT USB disk with wro... 14 Jul 2010 22:00
When is best time to upgrade lenny to squeeze
Hi I am sorry if someone has already has asked this ? on the list When is best time to upgrade from lenny to squeeze. I use my computer daily Johnny -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster(a)lists.debian.org Archiv... 6 Aug 2010 17:05
Add audio to home video in Lenny?
Hi, My family converted old home movies to a dvd disc not too long ago, but there is no audio, only video. I thought it would be neat to add some music to the video, and was wondering what package should I use? Based on my research it seems Kino might work but I wanted to see if anyone on this list had a recom... 15 Jul 2010 03:24
audio not working on amd64
On 14/07/10 10:22 AM, H.S. wrote: If I go to Settings->System Settings->Multimedia and do a "Test" on the various devices, the motherboard's audio does produce any sound, but I can hear the audio if I do it on my headphones. Sorry, forgot the "not" there. It should be ".. the motherboard's audio does not p... 15 Jul 2010 17:38
zorp in Squeeze? Can't Compile balabit Source
I see the low-level libraries for zorp in squeeze, but I don't see the actual application. I see 3.0.8 in lenny, but I'm hoping for something more recent. I got the 3.1.15c source from balabit.com, but I'm getting a configure error: configure: error: Cannot find ZORP license library version >= 3.1.0: is pkg-c... 14 Jul 2010 10:57
ALAC: decompressing to .wav.
Good day. If You have any experience w/ ALAC (.m4a files) decompress, can You please share You experience w/ which program You do it? Personally, I would have a console program. I searched w/ the help of apt-cache search m4a and it seems that Debian has no console tool that can do this (I saw pacpl and ri... 14 Jul 2010 10:57
Logitech MX 5500 Keyboard + mouse problem since recent squeeze upgrade
Apparently this is fixed in udev 160-1, which is recently come into unstable. I am going to give that a try tonight and see if it makes any difference. Will keep you posted. Mark THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. If this message was misdirected, BlackRock, I... 14 Jul 2010 06:35
Is it gdm3 that is logging me out?
Over the past few weeks there has been a change in my system behaviour. I frequently get back to my screen to find the gdm greeter inviting me to log in again. At first I thought it might have been the screen saver, but unlike when the screensaver wants you to login in, all the programs that were running seem... 20 Jul 2010 08:03
Kernel 2,6,32-5-686 wrecks xorg
I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.32-5-686 and now X starts and works for a bit but then starts flickering and is unusable. This is on a Thinkpad Z61M. The text terminals now have small text but that is a minor issue. I found some advice here to blacklist nouveau and put a file in /etc/modprobe.d with "option... 15 Jul 2010 01:15