First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Mozilla MPlayer Plugin
Hi, How can I install the MPlayer Plugin for Mozilla? $ apt-cache search mozilla mplayer mozilla-mplayer - MPlayer-Plugin for Mozilla Since the 'mozilla-mplayer' is already obsolete, and there is no other package I found doing this. I don't know what to do. Thanks -- Tong (remove underscore(s) to re... 14 Jul 2010 05:30
scsi/firewire kernel oops, any point in reporting a bug ?
Hi All, I've attached the output of dmesg at the end of the e-mail. As usual everything was perfectly stable before I made the mistake of doing dist-upgrade. I've really got to quit doing that unless I _really_ need to. So I can't see that anyone is going to be able to use the information to do anything, ... 15 Jul 2010 00:10
getting Live365 and Reciva tp play
How do I get Live365 and Reciva to play when I select a station to listen to? Live365 opens up another window that has 'undefined' and overlapping text all over the place. Reciva opens a window and out of 10 different streams only one played. The rest opened up another window that says its playing but no audio.... 14 Jul 2010 18:44
apt-cacher-ng: Cache storage error while opening data file
Hi, I got the following error when doing "aptitude update": Err http://cdn.debian.net testing/main Packages 503 Cache storage error while opening data file Err http://security.geo.debian.org testing/updates/main Packages 404 OK What's wrong? How should I fix it? Here is details: ... 14 Jul 2010 00:07
os that rather uses the gpu?
Does someone know a distribution/operating system, that rather uses the GPU for "working", not the CPU? [by default] Or this solution is still in the "beginning part"? Thanks for any tips, link, suggestions. -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe"... 13 Jul 2010 17:31
Help - CUPS printing stopped working
I've been running pretty vanilla CUPS-based printing on my home and office machines for years. After a recent dist-upgrade to testing, I get on both machines this error when trying to browse to the admin page: An error occurred during a connection to localhost:631. SSL received a record that exceeded the maxi... 14 Jul 2010 07:40
Debian amd64 not detecting my network card (32 bit Debian does!)
I decided to install amd64 on my computer which has Asus M3 socket motherboard, M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, chipset AMD 880G/SB850, and onboard gigabit lan controller, Realtek� 8111E. I installed 32 bit Debian using netinstall some days ago without too many problems (see my post with subject Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 ... 13 Jul 2010 15:20
Control/change the apt caching server on the fly
Hi, Instead of specifying the caching machine in a file like /etc/apt/ apt.conf.d/02proxy, is it possible to set the apt caching server via some environment variable? I want to find a way to setup my laptop so that it use my local caching server at home, yet easily to switch to direct connection when elsewh... 15 Jul 2010 16:31
Power button does not power off any more
Hi, When I press the power button on my box, I used to be able to power off my machine, but not now (nothing happens). It's the same machine. How can I get back the feature so that when I press the power button my box powers off? Thanks -- Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply) http://xpt.sourceforg... 13 Jul 2010 19:44
Iceweasel/Firefox profiles
Using up to date Iceweasel on Debian Testing. I have noticed that in Iceweasel/Firefox after setting up a new profile I start to lose functionality after some months of use. For example I find now that some graphics are no longer displaying whereas they used to display. If I go to http://www.openstreetmap.org ... 13 Jul 2010 19:44