First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Wireless still not working (was:Re: New Lenny to Squeeze install problems on ASUS eee)
Replying to my own post, again... Just after I sent the last post I realized that I had not done an 'ifup wlan0' after loading the ath5k module. Once I got home I booted up, loaded the module and did 'ifup wlan0'. Unfortunately, it still does not work. I get an error saying the the device wlan0 can not be found. ... 18 Mar 2010 21:13
Interrupting a hibernate
When I was using uswsusp, hitting Backspace would interrupt the suspend. Now I just use pm-utils and there appears to be no way of cancelling a suspend once initiated. Is there a way ? -- Alok And Bruce is effectively building BruceIX -- Alan Cox -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists... 18 Mar 2010 08:10
IOMMU option in bios
I was looking over a dmesg output and I noticed a message that said I would save 64MB of RAM if I enabled the IOMMU option in the bios. I'm using an ASUS M4A79XTD EVO board with 8GB of RAM so maybe freeing up 64MB of RAM isn't that big of a deal; however, I had a look in the bios setup and saw nothing that pertai... 19 Mar 2010 20:08
Apache2 chroot /dev/null permission denied
Hi, I have an old Debian Etch box, running Apache2 on chroot jail. Yesterday, (it sounds like joke) I turned off the machine and when I started it again the web server did not come to life again. The problem was a Permission Denied on the /dev/null. I created my device with the command: mknod -m 0666 /chroot/de... 21 Mar 2010 04:54
Introduction to Yuuguu from Haridas
Hello! Haridas - haridas(a)sparksupport.com - is inviting you to join Yuuguu, a free and easy-to-use application for working with colleagues or friends over the web. It allows users to share screens, host online meetings and work in real time on the same documents over the web for free. To get started go to: http:... 17 Mar 2010 10:12
Realtek 8139 NICs would not work under the latest stable Debian.
> Sthu Deus <sthu.deus(a)gmail.com> : # ifup eth0 it says that I have no such device and some other errors. Because ifup/ifdown are only working if you took the time to fill /etc/network/interfaces correctly. grep "dmesg" to look for your interfaces, they might be "eth4", the order/number is only predictable... 17 Mar 2010 07:59
Realtek 8139 NICs would not work under the latest stable Debian.
Good day. I'm unable to make working NICs containing Realtek 8139 chips - it is true for the latest updated Debian stable packets (let's call it B) - for the older ones (let's call it A) it seems working, though linux image is used the same (and it is where the drivers for te NICs are, as I suppose). After some... 17 Mar 2010 07:59
How to install sun-java5-jdk in debian testing?
I run debian testing in my box, which means, all update source in source.list are from 'testing' distribution. I want to compile Android manually, which needs sun-java5-jdk, but there is no such package in 'testing' distribution, only sun-java6-jdk is out there. Maybe, I could add a 'stable' line in source.list to... 21 Mar 2010 04:54
git
Hi, Klaus Jantzen wrote: Hi, due to a discussion of git I would like to know which of the numerous git-packages I have to install on lenny when I want to use git in my local environment. Thanks. You just need to install git-core. -Chris ... 17 Mar 2010 04:40
make Xorg driver fails - missing Xf86Resources.h
Hello I have a SiS 671 video card and have downloaded a source driver to see if I can make it work ... I have installed a bunch of dependencies but the 'make config' command fails complaining abou a missing xf86Resources.h file The below output of the make attempt: $./configure checking for a BSD-compatible in... 17 Mar 2010 14:46