From: mmeron on
In article <ididnXpXKuMNG2PZnZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Bob Cain <arcane(a)arcanemethods.com> writes:
>Orator wrote:
>
>> Please establish with proof, be it evidence, citation to a reputable
>> study or sound logic, that radiation is actually blocked/absorbed, in
>> other words retained by the molecule. It requires the mechanism for it
>> to hold that radiation and prevent it leaking out.
>
>Mechanism: until it boinks off a neighbor it moves faster after
>absorption than before it.

The extra kinetic energy a molecule acquires following the absorption
of a visible (or less) photon is quite negligible. The energy is
absorbed into vibrational or rotational degrees of freedom.

Mati Meron | "When you argue with a fool,
meron(a)cars.uchicago.edu | chances are he is doing just the same"
From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <1tksf2h4r1vq918q2lqrrekev6mn0om8um(a)4ax.com>,
Retief <nospam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>On Tue, 05 Sep 06 14:34:32 GMT, lparker(a)emory.edu (Lloyd Parker)
>wrote:
>
>>So the rest is back into the atmosphere. Do you fail to understand your own
>>explanation? Without CO2, that IR emitted by the earth would escape into
>>space.
>
>What the hell are you smoking, Lloyd? "Without CO2, that IR emitted
>by the earth would escape into space"!!?? You're kidding, right?

The ir now absorbed by the increased CO2 would. I'm sorry; I thought
intelligent people could follow the discussion.

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <vlksf2ppvv4ui18afhnq052bcotb7i4tmf(a)4ax.com>,
Retief <nospam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>On Tue, 05 Sep 06 11:18:33 GMT, lparker(a)emory.edu (Lloyd Parker)
>wrote:
>
>>Yeah, me and IPCC, NAS, EPA, NOAA, NASA, AGU, ACS, Science, Nature...
>
>Lloyd Parker once again confuses name dropping with true scientific
>citations...

You confuse your anger for signs of intelligence.

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <64uLg.24148$rP1.18372(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:
>Lloyd Parker wrote:
>
>> In article <fa6jf21pjqsghdh3nqhh9mag085t8qaoot(a)4ax.com>,
>> Retief <nospam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>On Sat, 02 Sep 06 11:49:57 GMT, lparker(a)emory.edu (Lloyd Parker)
>>>wrote:

>>>What about that incoming IR that is absorbed, and then re-radiated
>>>back into space, Lloyd?
>>

>> A small fraction. Consider a CO2 molecule as a sphere; only one narrow
angle
>> leads back into space.
>
>Yes it is such a "narrow angle" and "small fraction" that only some 53%
>of the surface area radiates out to space.

Huh? A CO2 molecule at ground level? You're joking.

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <9huLg.24155$rP1.19832(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:
>Lloyd Parker wrote:
>
>> In article <1157305288.790272.19240(a)74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>,

>> made.

>>>And I wish I had a buck for every time I've explained that to Orator,
>
>You would end up with $0 in that case.
>
>> Retief is repeating the same mantra. Hey, maybe they are the same person,
>> Retief the angry persona and Orator the nice clueless one.
>
>The only "clueless one" here appears to be you. That is why you have a
>need to resort to ad hominem.

Yeah, sure.

>Nor does it matter how many times you or Phil attempt to claim 2+2 makes
>five, it doesn't make it so!

How many times do we have to tell you -- right-wing clap trap ain't science?